5. Anger And Possessiveness

Start from the beginning

After about five minutes, I was took the tray full of chai along with me to my Yaqub Chachu and Aala's room as all the elders seemed to have settled down there. I served them the chai and then moved on towards the lawn knowing everyone would probably be there. And as expected, they were all outside. Mansha and Madiha were both sitting on the swing (A Pakistani traditional sort of swing) and, from the looks of it, watching something on their phones. Bilal and Ahsan were randomly talking about some assignment they had to submit as they went to the same university and also had the same major; Business management. As for Suleiman, he too seemed to be engrossed in his phone.

I carefully placed the tray on a table nearby as Mansha and Madiha along with Bilal and Ahsan immediately stood up and started taking their cups

I looked around to see Suleiman intently staring at me. I looked away immediately as I remembered how he was holding me just a few minutes ago. I've always been a shy person, but he seems to be taking it to a whole new level. I brushed off the embarrassing thoughts and, out of courtesy, served him his tea. As I was handing him the cup, his fingers brushed against mine and my eyes immediately shot up to his. He gave me an almost evil smile as he finally took the cup from me and took his first sip. His closeness and straightforwardness was scaring me, but I couldn't even call him immoral considering he was both legally and religiously my husband; something that cannot be easily forgotten. I was still very worried about my family's reaction to this whole fiasco, but right now, what was scaring me more was Suleiman's change in attitude. I sighed in frustration and finally settled down on a nearby chair and started with my cup of chai.

"Yaar, chalo na kuch khel the hain. Itnay arsey se sath nahi kehla humne. Hoori Api, ap kuch bataye na, apnay angrez doestein kay sath kya chel ti thiein? (Guys, come on let's play something. It's been such a long time since we last played. Hoori Api, suggest something, what did you used to play with your foreign friends?)" Madiha put away her phone and expectantly looked at me. I tried to come up with something but the only game roaming around my head was Truth and Dare, and god did I hate that game. But one look at Madiha's excited expression and I automatically put my hatred aside for the time being.

"Let's play Truth and Dare, I always used to play that back when I was doing my A levels," I mumbled. Everyone immediately agreed as Bilal stood up and rushed inside to get a bottle we could use, while the rest of us properly assembled the chairs and table. After two minutes, we were all settled down and ready to start. Suleiman was a bit reluctant at first, but after continuous pestering and emotional blackmailing from the four youngsters, he finally gave in. Ahsan, who seemed a bit too excited for his age, went first and span the battle. It landed on Bilal.

"Truth or dare?" Ahsan asked in a lightly impatient tone.

"Truth,".

"Did you or did you not tell Zainab that I had a crush on her and was even planning on sending my rishta (proposal) to her house after graduation?" Ahsan glared at Bilal as the rest of us burst into laughter. Typical Bilal, I thought as my laughter calmed down a bit noticing Ahsan's agitated expression. Even Suleiman seemed amused.