✾26✾

When Hongjoong went back to the castle, he told Maddox to cancel everything that he needed to do for the rest of the day -which wasn't much- and rushed towards his bedroom.

Now alone, he placed the dark colored letter on his bed and took a moment to assess his situation. In all honesty he didn't know what to expect from the written message, his thoughts were ranging from a threat that came from the mysterious dark figure he kept seeing in the market, or just some trash that he picked up and mistook it for something else, he was more hopeful that it was the latter option.

Pacing around for a few more minutes, he finally gathered his courage and grab the letter to open it with shaky hands. Flipping the top part open, he was met with a piece of paper with words written in red ink.

"HEARTS AWAKENED,
LIVE ALIVE"

If the blonde was confused before, he became even more confused and slightly worried now, he didn't know how to decipher this cryptic message, it was too vague for his understanding in many ways.

He then remembered his encounter with the masked man a few weeks ago, he told him that they would see more of each other soon and this must be what he was talking about. Thinking in the most simplest way possible, Hongjoong was sure that this letter he had in his hand was a threat to him, and that he and his family even his friends were in danger.

-

Few days have passed and the prince was on edge, the following day when he first got the envelope, he felt eyes watching his every move like a predator watching his prey very closely yet so far away. And from one threat turned into three as he obtained two more letters recently.

"FRIGHTENING, LET'S GET BURNING NOW"

"ON MY WAY"

Those were on the two letters he got when he was on patrol in the market a couple days ago, and just like the first one, he still didn't really get the meaning behind it. But one things for sure is that he will be facing danger very soon.

"What do you think of this color darling?"

Snapping from his thoughts, he remembered where he was and what he was doing, his mother asked for his assistance in picking out some decorations for her upcoming birthday party, and right now they were choosing between the blue or purple Aster flowers for the smaller centerpieces.

"The blue looks good"

"Hmm... The blue it is then"

The lady in charge of the flowers bowed to the queen and her son, leaving the room with the sample flowers she brought along with some other staff.

"Is everything else for the party going alright?" The queen asked her personal maid.

"Yes your majesty, the invitations have been sent to the guests since this morning, the ball room will be thoroughly cleaned tomorrow, and the food and other decorations are getting double checked to make sure everything is the one that you choose your majesty"

Humming in response, the queen looked at her son and saw that he was spacing out again. She noticed that when they were together she always would find him looking off into the distance, and she was pretty sure that his mind was occupied with something but she didn't what it was, so today she'll confront hin about it.

"Could everyone please leave, except for you Hongjoong"

Following the queens order, everyone left the room leaving the mother and son alone.

"Is there something wrong mother?"

"Not really, but Hongjoong darling I've noticed that you look like something has been bothered you, what have you been thinking of?"

Hongjoong didn't want his mother to know exactly he's been thinking of, he just couldn't take the risk of getting anyone involve with the situation his in with the intruders from that night. He needed to harmlessly lie instead of letting them know the painful truth.

"Uhm, I-I've just been thinking about the schedules that I have, and... On top of that I have your party coming up in what? Three days? So yeah, that's it"

"Okay... But just remember that you have me to talk to, even your father as well"

Nodding his head, the blonde did had something else in mind, besides everything else he thought about his and Seonghwa's relationship, he kept wondering if his parents would agree with their relationship, and now that he has a chance to ask his mother for her opinion.

"Actually uh, mother I have something to ask you"

"What is it?"

"You know, how sometimes you and father have been telling me how I need to find a partner as soon as I can"

"Yes...? Why? Don't tell you have found one, who is she? Or he? You know how we don't really care about their gender"

"Uhm, what if its one of my friends?"

"Well that makes it even better. In truth when the other queens were here a few days ago, we talked about pairing some of you up"

"Oh really? So who did you pair me up with?"

"Seonghwa. Besides your age, the two of you have always been close to each other and me and his mother were very approving of it"

Hongjoong couldn't believe that his mother did that to him, well it makes telling her his relationship easier.

"What if Seonghwa and I are already together?"

"Are you serious? Darling well that's just wonderful, when did you get together? How come you didn't told me earlier? How is he treating you?"

Happy that his mother was in favor with his relationship, the blonde answered some of his mother's question with a smile on his face.