Part 43

I woke up the next morning with Aston’s arms and legs wrapped all around me like a vice. I couldn’t help but giggle at how cute it was.

“What?” he laughed, waking up behind me.

“Just the way you’re all wrapped up around me,” I replied.

“Mmm…” he said wrapping me up even tighter, “I’m not letting go,” he whispered into my neck, “Ever.”

“Good,” I said, wiggling in his grip so I could turn around to face him. Eventually he loosened his arms slightly so I could spin around and I laid there and stared in his eyes for awhile, so comfortable and content.

“What you want for breakfast?” he asked after placing a kiss on my head.

“Whatever,” I said.

“Hold tight and I’ll go whip something up,” he smiled, slipping out of bed.

While he was gone I snuggled up into this duvet a bit, taking in his scent. I was so happy that we’d managed to put the drama of the day before behind us.

A few minutes later Aston returned with two steaming mugs and a plate piled high with toast.

“He makes toast!” I giggled, taking the cup of coffee off of his hands as he passed it over to me. 

“Well this is what you get when you tell me you want ‘whatever’ for breakfast,” he joked. We sat in bed and nibbled on the toast for a while, sipping our drinks and chatting about what to do that morning. When the toast was gone Aston leaned over to the bedside table and grabbed his iPad, balancing his mug in his lap.

“What you doing?” I asked, leaning over his shoulder and watching as he googled himself. “Really Ast?” I asked with a smirk.

“Hold on,” he murmured as he clicked on the link for news. Just then all sorts of articles popped up, the first few being from the day before.

“Oh,” I mumbled.

“Normally I don’t read articles about myself,” he said wrapping an arm around me, “A lot of them aren’t true or are negative and it can really get you down. It’s not worth it. But I wanted to have a look at what they put about us, just this one time. Partly to show you what its like.”

“Ok,” I said as he clicked on the first link. ‘Aston’s Merry Girl’ was the headline of the article and there was a picture of the pair of us posing on the red carpet. To be fair, you couldn’t even tell that we were annoyed with each other, we were smiling away and Aston’s hand was placed on my back.

“Aston Merrygold of JLS showed up at the red carpet of the charity gala event with a stunning brunette on his arm,” Aston began to read out, “The unnamed brunette accompanied Merrygold along the length of the red carpet, and the entire time the longtime bachelor made sure to keep an eye on her with a hand placed gently on her back. Could it be that The Merrygold has finally found his match? It may be ladies, as the popstar gave one source the affirmative that this lovely lady is in fact his girlfriend. Now the burning question, who is she?”

At that point Aston switched off his iPad and placed it back on the side table.

“Hey!” I said, “I want to see what other people said.”

“Nope,” he laughed, “Don’t want you to get big-headed.” I just gave him a curious look before he continued, “They called you ‘stunning’ and ‘lovely.’”

“Oh well, obviously,” I giggled.

I sighed and laid back into bed, placing my empty mug on the side. “I’m a bit nervous about the ‘who is she’ bit,” I said after awhile. “I don’t really need them trying to hunt me down just to get my name or anything.”

“We could fix that you know,” said Aston, grabbing for his iPad.

“How?” I asked.

“I’ll tweet it,” he said simply. “I’m sure I’ve got a million tweets from the fans about it already, might as well just set everyone straight now.”

“Go on then,” I said as I tried to seem confident. I was still a bit freaked out about this whole thing, but I knew that if I wanted to be with Aston it was something I was going to have to get used to. In the end, I was doing all of this one hundred percent for him.

“Ok how about this?” he said leaning over and showing me what he put. [I told you all you'd be the first to know..Yes I have a girlfriend ; p Her name is Jess Rego and she's one of my best friends!! Ansaaa! Ax].

“That’ll do,” I smiled. And then I leaned over and pushed the ‘Tweet’ button on the iPad before Aston could stop me. 

“Better make all your stuff private now,” he giggled. “Half a million girls are going to be googling you in the next minute.”

“Oh god, I didn’t even think about how your fans would react to this!” I said, slightly freaked out by the idea of it.

“Ahh don’t worry about them,” Aston replied, “My fans are cool.”

We laid in bed for another half hour before Aston got up to get ready for his day of promo. His new single had come out over the weekend, and the boys were in the middle of pushing it as hard as they could on every TV and Radio station they could think of.

“You know,” said Aston as he came out of the shower. “Now that we’re public I can take you out on the town,” he said.

“Hmm… That is true,” I smiled.

“How about you come with us this weekend while we’re on Tour? Or come up and meet us on Saturday or something? The boys and I were talking about really hitting the town on Sunday night to celebrate whatever happens with the single.”

“Where you going to be again?”

“Scotland this weekend, till Tuesday,” he smiled. “Come on! It’ll be great! JB’s girlfriend might come with us if she can get off work tomorrow… Please?”

“I could use a weekend away,” I said. “And it might be fun to go on Tour with you.”

“So you’ll come?”

“I’ll come, but if anything comes up with the studio…”

“I understand babe,” he smiled, jumping on the bed and kissing me quickly before scrambling off to finish getting ready. “I’ll sort everything out, you just need to show up with your pretty face. Bus leaves tonight!”