Part 2

Fuming I left the bosses office and went back towards my studio. I had no interest, or intention, on continuing with my work for Mosley. But they had me between a rock and a hard place.
My contract still had about a month left in it, including a handful of bookings with acts that wanted to work with me. I never had any idea who these bookings were, Molly the receptionist usually took them down and told me who they were the night before they arrived. Part of my contract required me to keep working until it expired… sucked really. At that same time though, one amazing song and I could be set for life in this industry. It was all so unpredictable.
And then there was the whole working abroad bit. I wasn’t an American citizen, which required me to be sponsored by an American company for a working visa. Problem was, since I was being let go, my visa was going to expire. I had just three weeks after my contract was up and then I had to be back in the UK. That is, unless I found a new company to sponsor me.
It was all so frustrating and complicated. I could face legal action if I broke my contract, but at the same time, I didn’t care anymore!
I slouched down in the spinning chair in my studio, just staring at all of the controls in front of me. I hated this part of the industry, the competition and need to make money. Begrudgingly I grabbed my things and packed them up, time for an early night to think things over and figure out how I wanted to approach all of this.
Arriving at the house I shared with my friend Kristen and the receptionist from work, Molly, I wandered up the stairs to my room. I didn’t want to see anyone or speak to anyone tonight. After changing out of my work clothes I wandered back downstairs to make a meal in the microwave and grab a bottle of wine, bringing the entire thing upstairs with me. 

--

The next day I arrived at the studio in new spirits. I’d come to the conclusion that I didn’t care about Mosley anymore, I was in this for me, and I was going to make an amazing track that would get me a big time job somewhere else!
I sat in my studio for a bit, finally finishing up the track from the day before and then pondering over new ideas. If I didn’t have to conform to Mosley’s ways anymore I could do anything I wanted right? I laid down a few ideas on my keyboard, recording them into my laptop, before Molly arrived in my studio to speak to me.
“Hey Jess,” said Molly smiling at me. “You’ve got a new act coming in to work with you for the next few days.”
“Cool great!” I smiled, ready for a change from what I’d been doing.
“Yeah never worked with this studio before, so you’ve got to impress!” smiled Molly. “Anyway, you’re going to love this,” she added with a glint in her eye.
“Yeah?”
“This new act is from the UK!” she squealed. “Been on the X Factor and everything!”
My heart leapt at this idea… but why???