Part 29

After breakfast I ran up the stairs and into the bathroom before Aston could intercept me. Having a quick wash, I wrapped a towel around myself and slipped into my room.

“So you’re moving in with me today?” said a voice as I shut the door behind me, causing me to jump slightly. I turned to see Aston sat on my bed, looking up at me with a silly grin.

“Maybe,” I said, turning towards my wardrobe trying to find something to slip on. I only had one suitcase of clothes as all of my things were still in LA in my old house. Once I knew where I was actually headed I was going to have them pack it up for me and send it along. I pulled out some underwear and slipped it on as Aston quite blatantly sat on my bed and watched me. Throwing my dressing gown back on I turned to him, “Can I help you?” I asked.

“I…” he started, just staring at me. Before he could finish his phone dinged and he looked down at it. “Awww shit,” he said.

“What is it?” I asked as I slipped on my leggings.

“I’m meant to be at the studio at half one… I thought it was three. I’ve got to go in the next thirty minutes or there is no way I’m making it on time. The label will give me hell if I show up late.”

“Off you go then,” I said with a faint smile, sad that he was leaving so soon.

“Not without you babe,” he smiled, standing up and walking over to me and grabbing my hands. “You’re moving in today, remember.”

“Am I?” I asked flirtaciously.

“Yup,” said Aston, pulling me closer to him and pressing his lips against mine. I got a little more into the kiss than I should have, wrapping my arms around his neck and allowing him to lift me off the ground so my legs were around his waist. I could feel my dressing gown slowly opening, and before I knew it I was being laid down on my bed.

“Ast…” I said between kisses.

“Hmm…”

“Not here please,” I said, before kissing him again.

“What?” he said pulling away, confused.

“My parents,” I said. “And you’ve got to get on the road.” Even though I really didn’t want to, I squirmed out from under him and stood up straight, tying my dressing gown back up.

“Well then, we need a game plan,” he said looking around my room. “Gotta get your stuff packed up and in my car,” he added with a smile.

Over the next twenty minutes the pair of us scrambled around my room, throwing things in plastic bags and into my suitcase, and then dragging it all out to Aston’s car. I ushered him off to the shower after that, while I dug around my room for the last few things I wanted.

“So you’re really going down to London then?” asked a voice at my door. I turned to see my Dad leant against it, his hands in his pockets.

“Guess so,” I smiled.

“I’m glad to see you smiling again,” he said, coming in my room and giving me a big hug. “I remember how you two were three years ago, always happy and joking about. When you came back here a few days ago you were a right mess, so I’m glad to see you in better spirits. It’s obvious that you love that boy very much.”

“I do Daddy,” I said, pulling away from him and smiling again.

“Good, now I better have some words with him before you leave. Make sure he doesn’t break my little girls heart,” he laughed, releasing me so I could finish up. I just shook my head at him trying not to giggle. I could only imagine Aston getting a talk from my Dad.

Less than ten minutes later and Aston and I were stood in the doorway of my parents house, I bag of sandwiches in my hand from my mum.

“Thanks again Mr. and Mrs. Rego,” said Aston politely.

“Any time darling,” said my mum. “Come up for dinner sometime soon, when you don’t have to hurry off like this.”

“Will do,” smiled Aston, before he gave my mum a kiss on the cheek and shook my dads hand.

“Bye guys,” I said, “Love you. I’ll call when I get down to London.”

“Bye sweetheart,” they chorused as Aston and I walked down the front path and climbed in his car.

“Ok, we actually made pretty good time there,” said Aston looking at the clock and fiddling with the radio. “Ten minutes behind schedule, can make that up on the road.”

“No speeding mister,” I warned with a smile.

“Never,” he replied with a wink, placing his hand on my thigh as he pulled away from the curb and drove off towards London.

Over the course of the trip I found myself staring out the car window, reflecting on the events of the last few weeks. Never in a million years did I think I would be in this position. Moving back to London and sharing a house with my former and probably future boyfriend. If you’d asked me two months prior I would have said that I would be in the same place I’d been in all year… Working twelve hours a day, seven days a week, at the studio mixing tracks for nothing acts with no hope of progressing in the music industry. I’d say that I had a decent enough house in LA, but that my only real friends were my housemates. I’d say that I was single, spending most of my nights DJing or trying to avoid a certain sleaze ball who just happened to show up at every club I walked in.

But then, all of a sudden things had been flipped upside down. First everything just went so wrong. Lost my job. Had a falling out with a former flame. Been sent out of America due to old paperwork. Had nowhere to live. But then, good things came out of it too. I’d just recorded a track for Tinie Tempah that was due to be released as a single in just a few weeks. I’d somehow reconnected with someone I thought might be the love of my life. I was moving back to London, the city where it all started for me. And I just happened to be living with Aston again, the best flatmate I’d ever had. 

Only time would tell how the next two months would shake out…