The first wolf among sheep

ابدأ من البداية

Naofumi: Such a pleasant breeze... It's like the typical sales pitch in all those tour brochures.

boy with a bow: (Everyone looked at Naofumi) What, have you never traveled out of Japan before?

boy with a sword: Going by the breeze outside, this place probably has your standard Mediterranean climate.

Naofumi: Yeah, yeah. Excuse me for my lack of knowledge and vocabulary.

All five heroes stood before the king.

King: So these man are the Five Cardinal Heroes of ancient legend? I am the king of Melromarc, Aultcray Melromarc XXXII. Heroes, name yourselves.

boy with a sword: Amaki Ren, sixteen years old, high schooler.

guy with a spear: I'm Kitamura Motoyasu. Twenty-one, and a college student.

boy with a bow: I suppose I'm up next. Kawasumi Itsuki, seventeen years old, and and a high schooler.

Garito: (right hand to heart and left hand behind his back) Veskante Garito, nineteenyears old, it is my pleasure, Your Highness. (bow)

Naofumi: And lastly, me. I'm...

King: I see. Ren, Motoyasu, Itsuki and Garito, huh?

Naofumi: Y-yo, kin- (Garito stopped him)

Garito: Your Highness, I think you've forgotten about the shield hero here. (points to Naofumi)

King: Hmm? Oh, forgive me.

Itsuki: "Yo, King"? You musn't be so disrespectful.

Garito: At least I stopped him before he finished.

Naofumi: Well, whatever works. My name is Iwatani Naofumi. I'm twenty, and a college student.

King: Now... I suppose I owe you an explanation. My country, Melromarc, and the entire world is headed towaed destruction.

After that, the king began talking about "the Waves of Apocalyptic Catastrophe", which they barely survived, then about the dragon hourglass in each country, which shows the time until the next wave. And that they needs five heroes to protect them.

King: ...We have no time to lose!

Garito and Naofumi remembered that it was the same as in the book.

Ren: We get the gist of it now. Anyway, surely you didn't summon us expecting us to save you for free.

Garito then remembered Joker and his words: "If you're good at something, never do it for free." Then he smiled because he doubted Ren was good at it.

guy to the king's left: Of course, once you repel all the Waves,we shall reward you handsomely.

Motoyasu: Will you, now? Well, as long as we have your word.

Ren: We'll work with you provided you don't turn on us. But don't thing for a moment that you can tame us.

Garito: (thinks) I can't stand listening to him anymore.

Itsuki: Exactly. We can't have you looking down on us.

Garito: (thinks) And this one just agrees with everything, God, why am I here with those sheep.

Naofumi: R-Right...

King: I trust we have an agreement. Then, heroes, you should all check your statuses.