Chapter 47- House by the lake

Start from the beginning

You shrugged your shoulders and sat back. You hope it is not a restaurant because you are still full of the tasty breakfast you ate. You missed your family so much and can't wait to give them their gifts. You want to see your sister, MingMeis' face when she opened all her Hobi gifts. But the big gift will be a surprise for her ten birthday in two months.

You looked more confused now. You are entering Houhai lake and its surrounding neighborhood in the Xicheng District of central Beijing. Why are you going to the lake?

You hope Dylan will not sleep over because you need to tell your parents privately, and it's not for sisters' ears.

Your dad has a big smile on his face; he looks so happy and content. Maybe he and mama got lots of romance these two weeks without you at home.

You haven't been home since the photoshoot. Jeez, almost a month. Do you wonder how Sana and Dahyun are doing? Maybe spending time with their soulmates. You hope LiuMei is ok with Mike alone cause of this Red gold string...You don't know.

Dylan and your Dad have a great relationship. Dylan is more possessive than your soulmate. You hope he will mellow down in Shanghai. Fortunately, he'll be interning at another computer programming company.

You drove past the lake, past street food shops. It looks like a bustling tourists spots as you see lots of different ethnic groups enjoying the sights and sounds.

Dylan drove into a big gate with two security guards. Your dad greets them politely and it seems the guards know your dad as he enters a passcode.

You frown at your smiling Dad and a smug Dylan. Why are they so secretive? You look for any signboards to at least give you an indication. You turned your face to the left and saw a clad wall with prominent gold signage.

The Lakes Estates.

Oh, a new development by the lake. A few months ago, you heard your dad talk to Zhang Wei about The Lakes. You just shrugged it off. As Dylan drove inside. There are few houses, No, mansions in huge plots of land. Neighbors could be more than 100m apart from each other.

You wonder who are you visiting now. Can't dad visit his friends another day? You want to go home and enjoy the little time you have with Ama and MingMei.

" Um...Baba? Not to be funny or so, aren't Ama and MingMei waiting for us?...we don't have time to visit business friends..."

Dylan laughs aloud," They are waiting for us, my darling."

You winced at the forms of endearment... you only want Taelove to call you "darling". Thinking of him unexpectedly makes your insides tremble. You quickly discard any sadness, knowing that the bond will alert Taehyung.

You pull a face at Dylan," please, Dyl, don't call me, darling...call Yana that!"

Dylan snorts, "like it or not, you'll always be my darling...Yana hates endearments...we are friends now."