Part 15

'...' Telepathy

'...' Thoughts

"..." Talking

____________________________________________________________________________

~Ambrosine's POV~

'Damn, I look cute,' I praised myself while looking at my reflection, Lily fixed my unevenly cut hair and tied it in a short ponytail but left a strand of hair out on either side of my face, now I look like a boy but a cute one. "I might never grow my hair now," I talked to myself, "Is that so?" Lily asked while fixing my collar, "Mhm, I wanna go to Athy," I told her. Lily bent down and picked me up before walking out of the dressing room.

A few minutes later, we were in front of Claude's room, Lily knocked three times and we heard a short "come in", Lily opened the door to reveal a sleeping Athy and Claude who was drinking tea. He acknowledged our presence and put his cup down, "Leave Ambrosine here and go," he ordered Lily, 'Hey! Don't talk to Lily like that!' I wanted to flip out but that won't be a good thing to do. Lily did as she was told and set me down in front of Claude and left. Claude stared at me, or more specifically, at my hair for a few seconds before calling another maid in and telling her to bring me gooseberries, I perked up at that and grinned big.

Not even five minutes later, two maids walked in with plates piled with gooseberries and set them down in front of me, 'Am I in heaven?' I gaped at the treats in front of me. I immediately grabbed a plate and started stuffing myself.

"Your divine animal, what was it's name again?" Claude asked, "Trophy?" I looked up and tilted my head in a questioning manner, "How often do you touch it?" He asked, "Only when absolutely necessary," I answer truthfully. "What do you mean?" Claude looked at me straight in the eyes, "Trophy sometimes goes into our bedroom or the kitchen and eats all the good stuff so I have to pick it up and put it somewhere far away," I say, continuing to stuff myself.

Claude hummed and kept on drinking his tea, "After you finish eating, go to sleep," he ordered, "Sleep?" I questioned and earned a nod in response. "How do you like your hair?" He asked, "I'm never going to grow it again," I answered in a cheery tone, "Why?" "Because it makes me look like cute," I answer and Claude just nodded.

A few minutes later, I finished eating and was about to excuse myself but Claude picked me up and laid me down on his bed, beside Athy, "Papa?" I look up at him, "I told you to go to sleep after eating, didn't I? Or did you forget it?" He asked and even before I could argue, Claude touched my forehead and everything went black.

~In Ambrosine's dream~

For a few minutes, it felt like I was floating in the darkness before I started falling at an incredible speed. It felt like I was falling for hours and a few seconds later, I stopped falling and started floating again. I moved my fingers in an attempt to check if I had control of my body and I did, I slowly got down from my floating position and stood on the ground. Darkness surrounded me from all sides, creeping me out, I slowly started walking in a random direction, hoping to get out of wherever this is. After a few minutes of walking, I saw a bright light ahead of me, I ran towards it as fast as I could and I saw the fairy lady that appeared in a few of my previous dreams.

She was dancing beautifully, it felt like instead of just showcasing memorized steps like most people do, she was dancing however she pleased without even caring of who's watching her. I reached my hand out in an attempt to touch her but darkness enveloped me again and I woke up from my sleep.

~Back to reality~

I opened my eyes and immediately shut them due to the bright light. After a few seconds, I opened them again and forced them to adjust to the sunlight. I looked at my surroundings through squinted eyes and saw Claude standing in front of the bed.

"Papa?" I sat up and started yawning and rubbing the sleep away from my eyes, "Why are you up so early?" I heard him ask, "I don't know," I answered, I tried getting down from the bed but I am too fucking short so I had to get down the exact same way that a baby does and I could feel Claude's eyes on me the entire time. After a few seconds of struggling, I finally got down and ran towards Claude.

"How are you Papa?" I asked while gripping Claude's robes, he picked me up and started walking towards the door, "Good," he replied and ordered Felix to keep watch on Athy. "Where are we going?" I ask, "It's been a whole day, you need to eat" he answered without looking at me, "I slept for a whole day?!" I exclaim, only getting a nod in response.

We encountered Lily in the hallway and Claude handed me to her and ordered her to give me a bath and feed me, 'I'm seven years old man, why you people treating me like a newborn?' I mentally grimace.

~~~~~~

Right now, Claude, Felix, Athy and I were on a walk around the palace, Claude carrying the both of us. Athy was wearing a red dress with a black tops over it that had rose designs on it and her hair was left open with a matching hair pin keeping her bangs out of her face. I was wearing a red shirt with black pants and black vests that had the same rose designs on them and since there wasn't much to do with my hair, it was left open with a small braid on one side.

"Uh, Dad, Athy can walk by herself," Athy tried to convince Claude to put her down but Claude refused, "This is faster," he said, 'Honestly, I don't mind being carried by Claude, it saves my energy,' I rested my head on Claude's shoulder and stared at empty air.

"That's right, it's not good to overwork your body yet, Princess," Felix said, "It's a nice day today, we can walk all the way to the back garden," Claude said, "Your Majesty, should I carry one of the Princesses?" Felix asked hopefully, "Take five steps back," was Claude's answer. Felix frowned but obeyed as he had no choice. I was about to fall asleep but was interrupted by Athy.

"Owwie," Athy whimpered, "What is it?" Claude and I  ask at the same time, "I think Daddy's hair got stuck in Athy's hair pin," she said, "Then stop fooling around and just take it out," Claude said and Felix wanted to help Athy but had to take another five steps back due to Claude. I tuned all of them out because I was up all night and I am in desperate need of sleep so that's what I did, I fell asleep on Claude's shoulder.