Part 11

'...' Telepathy

'...' Thoughts

"..." Talking

________________________________________________________________________________

~Ambrosine's POV~

"What were you doing outside of the ruby palace's grounds?" Claude asked me in a deadly tone, right now, it was just Claude and me in his study so if he decides to kill me then no one would be here to help me out, " I was running without looking where I was going and after about half an hour of running, I saw that I was in the middle of a market but after a few minutes of navigating I found the way back," I explain while averting my eyes and completely cutting out the part about Christian, "From here to the market, it's fifteen minutes on foot and knowing your sense of direction, you didn't find the way back instead you asked someone for help, didn't you?" Claude says with his eyes closed. I flinched and tried to cover it up, "No, I found the way back by myself," I point a finger at myself to emphasize what I was saying, "Tell me the name of the person who helped you on the count of three or I will not allow you to become a knight," Claude started counting down while putting his fingers down and just when he was about to put the last finger down, I gave up, "Christian Rose," I mumble quietly, hoping he would hear something else.

"So it's a boy," he said to himself before dismissing me, 'Is he gonna kill Christian? Oh my god, what did I just do? I chose a profession over a kid's life? Sure, I've killed people before but I could never kill kids even if they were the most annoying beings in the universe,' My thoughts came to a halt when I bumped into someone, I looked up and saw Athy with another man who looked a lot like Christian with his black hair and red eyes but this was not him since Christian didn't have long hair and wasn't 6 feet tall, and near him was that damn Chihuahua, "Am-" "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT DAMN THING DOING HERE ATHY?!" I cut Athy off and point an accusing finger at the dog. "Do you not like this dog?" The man asked, "That thing got me in trouble so why should I like it?" I replied, not taking my eyes away from the dog, "I told this to your sister but I'm gonna repeat it again, this dog is a divine animal born from your magic," the dude started to explain, 'How the hell is a fucking Chihuahua a divine animal?' I thought while glaring at the dog but still listening attentively to the guy's explanation.

"And in case you don't know what a divine animal is, a divine animal is th-" he started but I cut him off, "A divine animal is the form that someone's magic takes, when it matures it will naturally get reabsorbed into the person's body and they will be able to use it freely. It is born when the owner has too much magic to hold in their own body, it normally tries to stick close to it's owner but there could be unpleasant results if the owner spends too much time close to it," I finish, looking at the black creature in Athy's arms. "And if that dog is my divine animal, I will keep it locked in a cage and only let it out when it needs to eat," I say, glaring at the the Chihuahua again, "You seem to have some knowledge about magic, you would be useful and your sister isn't useless either," the guy commented while taking Athy's divine animal from her and holding it up high.

Then the two got into an argument about Athy's divine animal named Blackie while I just kept on glaring at the damn Chihuahua who was growling at me, "Hey, I'm taking your dog with me, I need to replenish my magic," the guy said, picking up said dog who bit his hand, I shrugged and started walking away when a hand grabbed my shoulder and turned me around, "Don't be mean to your divine animal, the man has no right to take it from you," Athy told me with anger in her voice, "I gave it to him so he can take it," I answer nonchalantly, "You know what? If you won't keep it then I will!" She said, pointing a finger at herself, "Sure, just make sure I don't see it because I'm gonna kill it if I do," I say and pushed her face away from mine as she was literally spitting on my face.

"Ugh!" She groaned and turned back to the man, demanding for him to give both of the animals back. The man stayed quiet for a few seconds before speaking again, "How about we do this then, I will wait until both of them have matured before I decide anything," the man said and Athy argued about why he is making a decision for Blackie and the Chihuahua, "Why you ask? I am telling you, I'm doing you a favor right now, you have to understand, I could end you two and take them with me right now if I pleased but as a special favor, I will not do that as I like you two," he said, if I didn't know any better, I would have thought that he was a pedophile because of the I like you part.

"Don't be too afraid, I am a nice magician. Who knows, I may change my mind while I'm waiting," he smiled at us, "Then what do you want from us in return?" Athy asked, then the man said that we don't have to worry about it since the thing he wants is quite small and won't harm us in any way and Athy and he talked about something for a few more seconds before he tossed our divine animals to us. I was prepared to punch and kick the Chihuahua but instead of biting or scratching me, it nuzzled its head into my neck and fell asleep immediately, 'I read that a divine animal's personality matches its owner's, I surely don't fall asleep so carelessly, right?' I wonder while looking at the sleeping animal in my arms.

"What are your names?" The magician asked, "Why do you wanna know?" Athy asked, eyeing the man, "Don't be like that, I told you I'm not a bad guy. I'll tell you my name first, I'm Lucas," he said, "Remember my name for next time. I'm off, see you two later," Lucas snapped his fingers before disappearing in a whirl of blue petals, causing a gust of wind to come at us making us cover our eyes to protect it from the dust.

I stared at the spot he stood on for a few minutes before turning on my heel and walking towards the ruby palace with Athy tailing behind me.