fifteen.

( betrayal )

September, 2013                Beacon Hills Hospital

A BRIGHT RED FILLED OVER THE regular colour of Derek's eyes as the Alpha twins charged at the group. Both the werewolves' bodies met in the middle of the corridor, Nel wincing when their bodies collided with each other's brutally. Eyes glowing and transformed as well, Scott raced in to help. Nel quickly noticed Cora's body laying at the end of the corridor and she pat Stiles' shoulder, grabbing his attention from the fight and to Cora. He nodded, and with the bat still in his hand, he grabbed Peter and pulled him up to his feet. 

"Help me," the boy stated. Peter only nodded and told the two to follow him. Nel hesitated, concerned. But dodging the punches and scratches thrown between the werewolves, she ran to where Cora was laying. Peter quickly picked her up and rushed away, leaving no choice but for the two teenagers to follow.

They raced through the double doors and into the morgue, Scott and Derek running towards them to catch up. The Alpha twins' large conjoined body followed the pair, looking terrifying in the light. Stiles, with a determined look on his face, held the bat over his head defensively as they broke through the door. He ignored the warning tone of Derek's voice telling him to simply run, and he swung the bat at the twins, only for it to break into shards, only the handle left in his shaky hands. Hesitant, he looked up to find bright red eyes meeting his, belonging to a much larger body than his.

Scott moved forward to help, only to be stopped by Nel. A look of surprise crossed both Scott and Derek's face as the girl almost instantly caught the twins' eye. Although what shocked them was the fact that the twins didn't make a single move to hurt her like they usually would. Nel's eyes narrowed towards them as she slightly tilted her back before she demanded quietly, but potently, "drop."

And drop they did, splitting back to Ethan and Aiden in their human forms, unconscious. The silence was deafening but a ringing in Nel's head snapped her out of what she was doing. She glanced up to find everyone staring in shock. "They'll come around in a few minutes, so we should get going."  

They only nodded, Derek glancing towards her before grabbing Stiles, who was still slightly stupefied. The boy looked to Nel, who was walking in front of her and sighed quietly. This was the second time she had done this—act strange. She knows something, Stiles reaffirmed in his head. He knew she did, she just wasn't telling. It embarrassed him to admit that he had been thinking of it for a long time, almost everyday. However, it was more weird this time since whatever she did actually worked, with no interruptions. The Alpha twins had been in a trance, looking into her ocean blue eyes.

He shook his head clear of thoughts as they entered the operating room, and Peter set down Cora on an operating table. Nel let her gaze to fall behind her to see if the twins were following, but only meeting Stiles' eyes instead. She held eye contact, seemingly deep in thought before she looked to Peter since he spoke up, making Stiles huff out a breath. "Where's the big guy?" The older werewolf asked.