Sudden Confession

Goeun POV

Minho is still in the living area while I'm here in the kitchen disorganizing pieces of stuff from its organized position just so I have something to do. Why is he not leaving yet?

I secretly turn my gaze to where he is standing and he was busy staring at the wall. What is he thinking?

"Ah. From what I heard last night with Sohee, you were their top 1, right?"

He asked, finally looking at me with an assuring smile. I can't hold a long eye contact so I shift my eyes to wherever I can look and nod to him.

"Congratulations, it must be a lot of pressure to be at the top of the list."

Yes, it is. For sure he feels the same way too? I mean he's also on the top, but the way he acts, I think he doesn't struggle that much.

"Yeah, but it's okay." Shit. I don't know how to prolong my response. "You were also on a roll, congratulations." I wonder how smart this man is.

I admit he's attractive. Physically. He's tall, his smile will mesmerize anyone because of his cute dimple that effortlessly shows when he curved his lips. His mahogany brown hair looks very well taken care of. But his nose is what stands out the most in his whole appearance. I've never seen an Asian who has such a nice towering nose.

"Thanks. It's overwhelming sometimes, having a lot of expectations from different people." He smiled shortly. So he was struggling too.

"Weighing people's expectations." I nodded, agreeing to what he said. "Once you achieve something high, they will expect something higher. It's heavy, it's like you are not allowed to fail cause you did it before, and they think you can able to do it again." I said looking at my medals and stuff on the wall that represents my school achievements.

Silence.

I look at him and he's staring at me with a look I can't tell what does it mean.

"I often stay around in your neighborhood, in Bohyun's place, but why is that I rarely see you? Even in school too." He asked again. He's trying to connect with me.

I often see them too.

"I just don't like staying longer outside. I went home after class and prefer to spend most of my time at home." I smile after that straight response. Good thing I didn't stutter. I'm not good at talking, if only I could just type or write what I want to say, I would!

But of course, he'll find it strange or worse weird.

"Oh, you should come out often. It's vacation, you should enjoy this break." He said. Persuading me with his words. He's very energetic. His smile, his words, the way he behaves, and his whole existence screams energy!

I feel like this man would drain me. Not my cup of coffee.

Wait.. what I am thinking? As if he's interested in me. But I think he is because I feel like he's trying hard to make conversation with me. But no, he's not. Better think he is not.

"Goeun?" He snaps his hands in my face.

Damn. I lost in my thoughts, useless thoughts.

"I'm enjoying it," I replied immediately. My reply sounds unsure but it's really what it is.

"How? By staying at home?"

"Yes. Why?"

What's wrong with staying at home? Well, base on my observation, he's a very sociable person. Not a homeboy. We are different.

"Nothing. I thought you might feel bored. Well, if you do, don't bother to join us at Bohyun's house. We always hang out to their pool and sometimes Sohee joins." He said.