Are you high? (6x03)

Start from the beginning

She swayed on her feet, her eyes half closed. Anyone could see she was in no state to fight, but they kept their distance anyway. If you had to go off the fallen tables, a fight had already occurred here.

Pushing through the crowd, the aliens watched with wide eyes as you approached her without fear or hesitation. Some part of her slow working brain must have registered it was you, because a wide smile broke out on her face.

''Y/N!'' she called out, dropping her arm. 

Gently grabbing her cheeks, you tried to get her restless eyes to focus on yours. ''Daisy! Hey, focus please.''

But it was completely useless. She was too high to do anything but live in her own world. ''Y/N. You are so beautiful. The beautifulest girlfriend.'' She tried hugging you, but you gently pushed her arms back down, which earned you a pout.

She was really cute and you had to smother your laugh. ''Where is Jemma?''

''She went-'' Daisy had to swallow, stumbling when she tried to turn in the right direction. ''She went over there.'' You nodded and planned on leaving her there for only a minute to find Jemma, but her hand wrapped around yours before you could. ''No! Don't go. You stay here with me. I'll feel lonely,'' she whined, pouting adorably. You really hoped she would remember all this.

You tugged on her hand, dragging her slow moving ass after you. ''Okay, you go with me then.''

She perked up visibly and tried not to trip over her own feet. ''So strong,'' she whispered to herself. ''Your ass looks amazing in those pants.''

''Daisy!'' You scolded her, glad she couldn't see your red cheeks. ''Shut up please.'' The aliens around you watched the whole ordeal with a frown. They had no idea what was going on but didn't care enough to ask about it. 

''I will never look that good,'' she whined softly.

You spun around, seeing her lip tremble and eyes water. ''Oh gosh, are you going to cry?'' It was really funny, all of it, but you couldn't help but play along with it all. It was the fastest way to get out of here.

She nodded slowly, eyebrows scrunched together in a mix of frustration and sadness. ''It's not fair. You are amazing and badass and-''

''And so are you,'' you cut her off, grabbing her other hand too. Her brown eyes landed on your face, listening sadly. ''Or have you forgotten that Quake is a legend now? That people tremble in fear upon hearing it.''

She had to think about that, but soon she shone brightly, no trace left of sadness. ''You are right. I am a legend. Quake. I really didn't like that name but now I own it. Like the legend I am,'' she spoke confidently, a bit too confident. 

''Yes, sure babe,'' you laughed, gently pushing her off when she tried kissing you. ''I'm not kissing you when you are high. Later, okay?''

You started to drag her away again, still looking for Jemma who was nowhere to be found. 

''I like when we kiss. It makes the butterflies go-'' You looked over your shoulder to see her make wild gestures with her hand, trying to picture them going crazy.

Shaking your head, you chuckled softly. ''Big softy are you.''

''I am not a softy! I am Quake!'' she protested, a stern expression on her face. She was being so adorable, it made you forget all about the stupidity of her eating alien food. 

Luckily, when you finally rounded the corner of the hallway Daisy had pointed you to, Jemma stood there alone, doing god knows what. It didn't look like she was doing anything. She did look very sad though. ''Jemma, thank god. Please tell me you're less high than this one here.''

She was... slightly. ''Y/N! You came to save us!'' Her arms wrapped around your neck and clung onto it like you were her lifeline. ''Fitz.. he was right there. And then- and then-'' she started breaking down. You weren't sure if she had truly seen him or not, but she looked shocked enough that it might be true.

With one hand wrapped tightly around Daisy's to prevent her from walking off and the other pushing Jemma off you, you felt like a babysitter of two five-year-olds. ''Okay, calm down. Let's get back to the Zephyr and we can figure this all out, okay?''

''No, I don't want to go back.'' She shook her head violently. ''I want to stay right here. He will come back.'' Crossing her arms stubbornly, she had no intention of moving. But with the aliens behind you still staring at the whole scene, some with an angry shimmer in their eyes, time was running out. 

''Sorry Jemma.'' You grabbed her wrist and tugged her with you, ignoring her pleas to let her go. You now had one stoner on each hand. ''Piper, I got them. Trying to make my way back to you now. Might want to get the Advil ready.''

~~~~

''Welcome back to reality. Hope you liked your little space trip.''

Daisy woke up on the small bed of her bunk on the Zephyr. She hadn't slept long, but she did look very peaceful while doing so, curled up and snoring lightly. In case she didn't feel good when waking up or the drugs caused her to trash around in her sleep, you had stayed right next to her for the full four hours. The floor wasn't the most comfortable, but leaving her alone without knowing the effects wasn't an option. 

Slowly, she blinked the sleep out of her eyes, groaning loudly when she tried sitting up too fast. ''Ow, my head.''

You chuckled softly, pushing yourself off the floor and sitting on the bed next to her. ''You look like hell.'' She could never look that bad in your eyes, but she didn't look good either. Pale, like she was going to be sick, eyes squeezed shut to try and block out the light.

''I feel like hell,'' she groaned, gripping her head with her elbows on her knees.

''Please tell me you remember everything, because you will never hear the end of this,'' you smiled.

It took a while, but eventually she groaned again, covering her face with her hands. ''Oh god, this is so embarrassing.''

''I'll take that as a yes,'' you laughed, beyond enjoying this. ''So how are the butterflies doing?''

She gave you a playful shove, removing her hands from her face to tilt her head in your direction. ''Stop,'' she chuckled, before a mischievous twinkle lit up her eyes. ''But I do believe I was promised something.''

You rolled your eyes, but was unable to resist the cute smile on her face. Her lips still tasted like those puffies when you kissed her. 

You stood from the bed, sliding the door of the small pod open. ''We should really get to work.'' It had gotten clear that Jemma hadn't imagined Fitz and he had been in the bar. So there was no time to waste in trying to find him. 

''I so didn't lie about the pants,'' Daisy muttered to no one in particular, staring at you openly. 

You turned and narrowed your eyes, trying to hide your red cheeks. ''Stop it.'' It only made her laugh harder. ''I liked you better high.''