Fight For You

"Chaeryeong, you got into the finals! you are so strong." Lia said and placed her arm on Chaeryeong.

Chaeryeong let out a big smile and she became even more motivated as she felt the warm and inspiring words her friend let out. "I'll make sure to win for you guys."

"Yep! you are really good at karate." Lia said and tried to imitate Chaeryeong in an adorable way.

"So cute." Chaeryeong said and let out a chuckle. The two stopped walking when Chaeryeong felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. "Oh, someone's calling me, Lia." Chaeryeong said and pulled out her phone from her pocket.

"I see. I'm gonna hang out with Ryujin, okay?" Lia said and threw an eye smile at her friend.

"Okay. See you guys later." Chaeryeong said and threw a smile.

When Lia finally left, Chaeryeong answered the call. She didn't know what to expect from her mother.

"M-mom?" Chaeryeong said as she felt a little nervous.

"C-chaeryeong..." Her mother said and let out a long and hard cough. "I-I...am..diagnosed with cardiovascular disease..." Her mother weakly said.

As Chaeryeong heard those words through the phone, tears started to form in her eyes. "M-mom, d..did you take medicine?" Chaeryeong said and bit her lip while hoping for a positive reply from her mother.

"I-it's too expensive, C-chaeryeong. I don't think we can afford it." Her mother weakly said. "P-please, don't hurt yourself trying to help me." Her mother added that made Chaeryeong a little angry.

"S-so you want me to just sit and watch you suffer and die?!" Chaeryeong yelled out of frustration. "Don't worry, Mom. I will do anything to buy medicine so you can get cured and live a long life." Chaeryeong said and more tears started to fall in her eyes.

"T-thank you. I h-have to rest now." Her mother said and ended the call.

After the painful call, Chaeryeong fell to the ground and held her head in her hands as she doesn't know what she can do to buy medicine for her mother. Out of stress, Chaeryeong landed a punch on the wall making her fists bruised and bleed.

Suddenly, a woman appeared and walked towards the crying girl. "Lee Chaeryeong." The girl said.

Chaeryeong switched her attention to the girl as she realised who the girl is. She's her enemy in the finals. "H-Han E-Eunji." Chaeryeong said and clenched her fists because she knows that Eunji is a cocky person from a rich family.

Eunji took out her hand to assist the crying girl but Chaeryeong ignored it and stood up on her own. "What's with the attitude, Lee Chaeryeong?" Eunji said and let out a chuckle.

"We both know that I don't like you. All I can say is, goodluck tomorrow." Chaeryeong said and walked away.

"Wait." Eunji said and placed her hand on Chaeryeong's shoulder. "I overheard your conversation with your mother." Eunji said and threw an evil smirk.

"You're just eavesdropping. I'll go now." Chaeryeong said and continued walking.

"I can help you." Eunji said making Chaeryeong stop walking.

"H-how?" Chaeryeong asked and clenched her fists.

"I can lend you a hand." Eunji said and walked closer towards Chaeryeong. "Lose the fight on purpose and I'll pay for your mother's treatment, medicine, hospital bills, everything." Eunji whispered and made Chaeryeong a little angry.

Chaeryeong faced the girl behind her, pushed her towards the wall and grabbed her by the collar. "N-no fucking way." Chaeryeong said while giving a deadly gaze at Eunji.

"It's a good deal, Lee Chaeryeong. All I have to do is give you a light hit on the kidney area and you have to act like you're hurt. Easy. Your mother survives." Eunji said and threw a smirk at Chaeryeong.

"Just fucking accept it, Lee Chaeryeong. It's not like you have a choice." Eunji added and let out a laugh.

"What did you say?!" Chaeryeong yelled and landed a punch on Eunji's face.

Eunji fell to the ground and checked her mouth so see if there's blood. "That hurt." Eunji said and held her face.

--

"Mom?" Chaeryeong said as she entered her mother' room. The sight of her pale and weak mother made Chaeryeong tear a little bit.

Chaeryeong sat down on the chair and held her mother's hand. "You'll be fine, Mom." Chaeryeong weakly said.

After minutes of thinking on how to help, Chaeryeong felt clueless. She is starting to regret that she declined the offer Eunji gave her earlier.

"M-mom, I'm about to do something that you won't love." Chaeryeong said and started crying.

"I love you." Chaeryeong said and planted a kiss on her mother's forehead.

--

"I accept your offer, Han Eunji." Chaeryeong said while trying to avoid eye contact with the other girl.

"Wise choice, Lee Chaeryeong. See you tomorrow." Eunji said and threw a smile at Chaeryeong.

--

"Oh my gosh. I'm so excited!" Lia said to the short-haired girl who is standing besides her while hopping like a rabbit.

"I think it's starting. There's Chaeryeong." Ryujin said and pointed at a certain direction.

As the two fighters entered the stage, everybody started shaking but some were nervous. Some were rooting for Chaeryeong and others were rooting for Eunji. Everybody in the school knows that Chaeryeong is the strongest fighter while Eunji is the second.

The two fighters faced each other and bowed. After bowing to each other, the two fixed their stance.

"Remember the deal, Lee Chaeryeong." Eunji murmured at Chaeryeong.

"Fight!" The referee shouted.

Eunji clenched her fists and ran towards Chaeryeong to give her a light hit on the kidney area.

Chaeryeong, on the other hand, is just standing still. Chaeryeong felt even more pain when she realised that her parents are watching her.

"Why is she just standing still?" Ryujin said while giving a confused look.

"Really? I can't freaking see." Lia said while hopping as 7 ft tall men are standing in front of her.

As Eunji landed a light punch on Chaeryeong, Chaeryeong closed her eyes as tears started to fall and started acting like she was hurt.

"The winner is Han Eunji!" The MC yelled.

--

"Chaeryeong, I apologise for what I said the other day." Lia said and smiled.

"It's okay." Chaeryeong said and wore her scarf.

"You going somewhere?"

"I'm gonna visit Mom. I miss her, especially her fantastic dishes."