No Sight

"Ryujin, how is your day?" Ryujin's father said while looking at his daughter through the rear-view mirror.

The bored look on the short-haired girl's face turned into a giant smile as she remembered the best thing that happened to her that day. "Yeah, I sent my resume to this company that needs a photographer. They texted me and they said that they were interested in hiring me." Ryujin said while looking at the dark clouds in the skies through the window.

"I'm really happy for you, Ryujin. Me and your father, we are proud of you." Ryujin's mother said and thew a smile at the short-haired girl.

"We love you, Ryujin..."

"Ryujin."

"Ryujin."

"Shin Ryujin." A girl said trying to wake up the sleeping short-haired girl by lightly tapping her forehead.

Ryujin slowly opened her eyes and let out a small laugh as she remembered the fun dinner she and her friends had the other night. "L-lia, is that you?" Ryujin said while trying to locate the other girl's face.

"Yes, Ryujin. It's me, Lia." Lia said and let out a giggle at the short-haired girl.

"Boop!" Ryujin shouted and tapped Lia's nose making the long-haired girl laugh. "By the way, I'm sorry that I forgot to go home last night." Ryujin said and pouted at her friend.

"It's okay. You were so drunk yesterday so it is better if you stay instead of going home." Lia said gave Ryujin a pat on the head. "By the way, Yuna and Chaeryeong already went to work."

"Oh shit. I have to work." Ryujin said and tried to find her walking stick.

"I already grab some clothes for you." Lia said and handed Ryujin new pair of clean and fragrant clothes.

"T-thanks, Lia. I'm gonna take a bath now." Ryujin said and walked her way to the bathroom.

"I hope you don't slip or something, Ryujin. Be careful." Lia said and let out a chuckle.

Ryujin opened the bathroom door and let out a laugh at the long-haired girl. "If you're that worried, then bathe me." Ryujin said in a seductive tone that made the other girl's face turn into red.

Lia grabbed a piece of bread and shoved it in Ryujin's mouth. "E-eat that a-and take a bath, you'll be late!" Lia shouted and lightly pushed the short-haired girl in the bathroom.

"What's wrong, Lia?" Ryujin said and bit her lip.

The long-haired girl grabbed Ryujin's walking stick and gave Ryujin a good smack on the head. "Y-you'll be late, Shin Ryujin!" Lia said.

"Alright, thank you, Lia." Ryujin said and let out a laugh while caressing her head before closing the bathroom door.

'What's wrong with this girl? did she fall to the ground while sleeping and hit her head?' Lia thought to herself.

--

"Are you sure you can go to work all by yourself, Shin Ryujin?" Lia said to the short-haired girl while giving a worried look.

Ryujin let out a chuckle and placed her hand on Lia's back. "Hey, Choi Jisu, just because I'm blind, doesn't mean I'm stupid. I've been walking my way to work and living all by myself for a year. Don't worry about me." Ryujin said and threw a smile.

"Alright. Call me if something happens. I'll go to work now, Ryujin." Lia said and walked away from the short-haired girl to go to the nearby bus station.

Ryujin inhaled and exhaled through her mouth to calm herself as she is expecting another fantastic day. The short-haired girl fixed her posture and took out her walking stick and started counting her steps. "I'm stepping on number 1. When I'm on 300, I should be at work." Ryujin said and wore her sunglasses.

--

*Knock knock*

A girl opened the door and revealed an injured girl. "Ryujin, w-what happened t-to you?" Lia said as she noticed that the short-haired girl is covered with bandages.

Ryujin entered Lia's house and fell to Lia's arms as she felt exhausted from all the walking. "I-I lost m-my parents, L-Lia." Ryujin said and held her head as things started to look very blurry for her.

"What the?" Yuna and Chaeryeong said in unison while walking towards the short-haired girl.

Ryujin opened her arms and hugged her friends while tearing up. "C-Chaeryeong, Y-Yuna, L-Lia. Please, help me." Ryujin weakly said and passed out.

"Shit. Guys, take her to my room and I'll get a wet towel and new pair of clothes." Lia said and ran her way upstairs.

--

"Ah, my head." Ryujin said and held her head as she tried her best to sit down on the comfy bed she slept on.

Ryujin's world fell apart when she opened her eyes and she couldn't see anything whatsoever. "Lia! Chaeryeong! Yuna!" Ryujin shouted and tears started to fall from her eyes as she repeatedly rubbed her eyes hoping to see something.

"What?" The three girls said in unison as they opened the door.

"I-I can't see. I can't fucking see!" Ryujin shouted and fell to the floor out of frustration. "I-I'm dreaming, right?" Ryujin said and started scratching her skin with her long sharp nails until blood started to show.

"Shit. Chaeryeong Unnie, please call a doctor." Yuna said and approached the short-haired girl.

"Ryujin, calm down for a bit, okay?" Lia said and hugged the bleeding girl.

"I...can't...fucking...see." Ryujin weakly said and placed her head on Lia's chest and started sobbing.

--

"It's blindness. Did you get into an accident or did you rub your eyes while your hands are completely dirty, Ms. Shin Ryujin?" The doctor said and prepared a piece of paper.

"An accident."

"Your cornea has been damaged. The scar on it affected your eyesight."

"W-what can I do to see again?"

"I don't think you will be able to heal, so the only way is through a cornea transplant. It will take you a long time to find a donor and it is really expensive." The doctor said.

"I see."

"For now, I recommend you to study braille and learn how to use a walking stick. This is medicine for body pain and your injuries." The doctor said and placed the medicine on top of the desk.

"Don't worry, Ryujin. We'll take care of you." Lia said and placed her hand on Ryujin's shoulder.