☾ forty - nine ☾

Começar do início

For a moment, I was relieved that everything passed by without any issues.

I sighed as I recalled what Max had done.

'Ah, this contract... will it really be okay?'

_

Then, a shaky voice turned towards me.

"Excuse me, Princess. Why did you sigh as soon as you looked at me?"

I could see Lady Terrence staring at me.

"Oh, that's..."

In fact, I wasn't paying a lot of attention.

My opinion is that my safety came first, and that I have to take care of my own life.

But I couldn't just put it on top of her life while she is looking at me right now.

[ note : what i think she means here is, she doesn't want veronica to end up like the old 'juvellian' , chasing after mikhail ]

"I'm angry."

"What?" I heard the back door close.

Yes, now there's no backing down now.

"Because I was often ignored too."

At my frightening words, she realized what I meant.

"Who? You, were ignored?"

Yeah, you don't want to admit it, but I understand, because I was once in your shoes too.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I didn't say this with the intention of hurting you."

Even with my apology, she just stared at me without answering.

I stood up, staying here would only hurt her more.

"I'm going to host the tea party as promised, but if you feel uncomfortable, you are free to skip it. I'll leave you alone."

I left the room, leaving the words behind.

_

Meanwhile, Mikhail, who walked out of the drawing room with rough steps, had a dark expression on his face.

'He dares! Such a vulgar thing...!'

Juvellian's partner had glared at him the entire time, so it was a bit of a nuisance.

But even he ignored it because it was not worth noticing.

It was only funny to make fun of the insignificant commoner.

Back when they were in the drawing room, when he learned that there was a guy at the end of Juvellian's gaze, he noticed that she was showing intense emotional fluctuations as she looked at him.

It felt like the inside of Mikhail's chest was burning.

'It can't be!'

Mikhail didn't want to admit it.

The fact that Juvellian was reacting for such a petty guy.

For that reason, when Juvellian looked away, Mikhail shot a glare at Max.

However, the cheeky commoner smirked while motioning cutting his neck with his hands.

'You cheeky bastard, I'll kill you!'

Mikhail, full of dissatisfaction, came out of the house in search of Max.

As he passed by a sparsely populated area, he heard a deep-toned voice call out to him.

"You've finally creeped out." Said Max, the man who uttered the same words as an insult to nobility, staring at Mikhail with his red eyes.

'You've lost your fear, saucy fellow.'

It is a virtue that Imperial Knights do not show off their martial arts easily.

However, Mikhail had no intention of being generous to the commoner who had irritated him.

'It's okay to break at least an arm, right?'

Mikhail, who had found a suitable excuse to scold the commoner, tried to make a move.

Then, a powerful blow hit his body, it was so minimal that you could only catch it at a moments notice.

It was a new thing that not everyone was able to notice.

'What, what is this?'

Mikhail, who had not yet understood his current situation, was frowning.

Suddenly, his body fell abruptly.

"Ugh!"

Mikhail, who was trying to get up from the sudden shock, saw a long shadow cast over him.

Soon a faint voice came out.

"As expected, trivial things look good crawling."

Inside his slightly crooked red eyes, there was something like madness was lingering in them.

Mikhail stared at Max with a frightened look.

He thought that it would be fine because the commoner was looking bored the entire time.

However, the quick movements that he showed just now and the feelings of coercion from his red eyes was overwhelming.

'What is he, who is he?

_

[ note : this chapter was a little bit harder to edit but i think i did okay, anyways FUCK MIKHAIL ]