18. Some Disclosures

Start from the beginning

Gunny remains quiet with his eyes lowered.

"Janna chahte thay na aap ke Vanch kon hai? Vanch is the man I was engaged to. Shaadi hone wali thi humari...he looked exactly like you"

The revelation stuns Gunny but he stays silent. Somewhere he knew the relationship between Vidya and Vanch but the look alike part was certainly new to him.

"Jis din Vidya or Vamch ki shaadi hone wali thi...ussi din..ussi din Vanch aatankavaadeeyon ke hath maara gaya. Captain Vanch Pradhan - Sangram Pura ka sabse bahadur sipahi"

Her voice breaks as she completes her words. Gummy knows its not easy for her to say all these things.

Turning towards him, Vidya continues,

"Toot gayi thi Vidya Vanch ki maut ke baad. Itne saalon se Vidya sirf Vanch ki yaadon ke sahare jee rahi thi..or phir...phir Vidya ki mulaqat aapse hui. Vidya ne bohut koshish ki aapse durr rehne ki..lekin...aap utna hi Vidya ke nazdeek aate gayye. You made me feel like I was the most important person in your life..and then..I find out you are ENGAGED. Kyun kiya aapne aisa Vidya ke sath? KYUN?"

She pulls back his collar by the time she says her last words.

"Because I'm in love with you Dr. Vidya Saxena"

Gunny confesses, his voice calm but serious.

His confession stuns Vidya.

"Aap jante bhi hain aap keh kya rahe hain? You are ENGAGED to Naina"

Gunny understands what Vidya means.

"Aap jante bhi hain ke Raj kitna pyar karta hai Nanaa se? Aap toh Raj ke dost hai na? Phir itna bada dhoka? Naina or aapne, dono ne mil kar itna bada jhooth bola"

Vidya shouts yet again.

Grabbing her hands from his collar, Gunny gently holds her hand in his.

"Maine kisi ko dhoka nahi dia Vidya. Please try to understand my situation. Mein Naina se pyar nahi karta or na woh mujhse. Majboori mein ki humne sagai...please...understand me Vidya, please"

Vidya stares him wide eyed. Slowly, slipping her hand away out of his, she takes a step back.

"Aap inh baaton ka koi mathlab nahi. Kuch bhi ho, sagai toh ho chuki haina aapki"

A lone of tear escapes from Gunny's eyes. He takes a step closer to Vidya.

"Mein iss sagai mein bandha nahi rehna chahta, Vidya"

The tears in his eyes breaks her heart. She shuts her eyes. After getting back her equilibrium, she slowly opens her eyes and stares him with painful eyes. 

"Theek hai..."

She says softly

"Lekin..pehle aap sab sach ja kar Raj ko batayenge, Naina se bolenge ke aap kya chahte hain. Usse ehsas dilayenge ke Raj uss se kitna pyar karta hai. "

Taking a pause, Vidya continues further,

"Vidya achay se janti hai ke Naina loves Raj. I don't know aap dono ki kya majboori thi but this sacrifice game needs to stop if none of you want to be with each other. "