Chapter 9

Commanding small groups into action or assigning them tasks around base was an easy feat, but... all at once, ordering an entire army of agents and henchmen to commit a grand infiltration operation? Ocean wasn't so sure anymore. Here she stood, right in front of the soldiers and agents who were all so much more experienced than her, having served for years on end. She couldn't help but feel like a bit of an outcast.

Brutus and Tek were helpful in sorting out the plan to all the henchmen at the very least, and they were at their stations, ready to go. Now, it was her turn. She couldn't help fidget with the sides of her helmet as she held it to her chest, tracing her index finger along the intricate designs of pink and yellow. With a sigh, she turned to Brutus. "Are you sure I'm ready for this?" She asked. "I mean, if there's anything we need to polish we can do that now, or maybe someone has a better idea? If-"

She stopped when Brutus set a hand on her shoulder, tilting his sunglasses so he could peer down at her. "You've got this."

With a grateful smile, Ocean turned to the crowd and took a deep breath. "Alright, GHOST, listen up!"

The sudden surge of attention almost overwhelmed her when everyone's eyes locked onto her immediately. Still, she kept her gaze strong. "Agent Skye is a hostage at The Authority, you already know. We need to get her out ASAP. I came up with a plan, and we altered it a bit before coming here, but we have everything ready. Actually, we need one more thing: we need to get together a small rescue team that will move in with wave one."

"We're attacking in 'waves' as I explained earlier," Brutus said. "Tek and I already split you into two groups; the choppas and boats are prepared, so wave one will be sent into action as soon as we get our rescue team together."

"Which will be some of you, since any of you guys are our best bet at getting in, out, and through to Jules easier. When wave one gets SHADOW engaged, the rescue team will swoop in and find Jules somewhere underground, who should help with getting into the prison. It doesn't have to be anything big, just two or three of you. Is everyone clear?"

A chorus of "yes ma'am" rang through the room. Ocean's smile grew. "Great, that's settled! Any volunteers?"

TNTina spoke up almost immediately. "I'm in. I'm going after Skye first thing.... And someone's gotta keep an eye on Jules."

"The job's perfect for you, too, since you're short enough to fit through the vents easier," Meowscles teased, elbowing her shoulder."

Tina glared up at him. "Wow. Well if you're such a tough guy, then maybe you should join, too."

Meowscles smirked. "Well, I guess I walked right into that one."

Ocean looked back to Brutus eagerly. "Great! Then if that's settled... is it go time?"

Brutus looked down at her again, then over the others. "Let's move out," he commanded, and the room began to clear out.

"Wave one, head out as soon as everyone's on board! Let's take SHADOW down!" Ocean called into her earpiece, putting her helmet on. Before she could even make it to the exit, Brutus stopped her by her shoulder.

"Ocean, wait."

Ocean almost huffed at the sound of her name; through her helmet, the impatience and annoyance was clear in her eyes. "What is it?" She demanded, tapping her foot. Brutus seemingly had nothing to say, but from the corner of her eye, she noticed Remedy approaching. Ocean glanced down at her leg, which was still bandaged under her leggings, and it took not even a second for her to take the hint. "What? I don't-"