Chapter 6

Draco's POV:

I woke up to a beam of sunlight hitting my face.

Peered over to Hermionie sleeping next to me. She didn't look scared, rather, she looked calm. I smiled, and began to get out of the king size bed I was lying in. Then I heard a knock on my door. I put on my slippers and creeped over to my door, making sure I don't wake Hermionie up.

I creaked open my door, only enough my see my face.

"Draco, you mum, aunt and I are going out for the day, so you will have the house to yourself." My dad, Lucius said.

"Okay, thanks for letting me know." I was still angry at my dad, so I tried not to show much emotion.

"Is the mudblood in here?" He questioned.

"Oh, um, no." I hesitated.

"Okay, well tonight at dinner I want her to join us." My dad said, then walked away.

I gulped. Whenever my parents bring a slave down to dinner they get tortured for hours, for 'entertainment'. I needed to tell her, but how? She recently just started to feel safe. I sighed and walked over to her sleeping body.

Hermionie's POV:

A beam of sunlight hits my face, but is blocked by a figure in front of me. When I open my eyes I see someone sitting up next to me. I flinched backwards, startled by this.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you." He says worrying.

"No, no, it's all good. I'm just not used to any of this. You know, not being constantly afraid that someone is going to hurt me for simply looking them in the eye." My eyes began to water. "Then again, the second I leave this room I am most likely going to be killed." At this point tears for silently falling from her eyes.

"I am so sorry, Hermionie." Draco whispered as he hugged me.

I knew he was saying sorry to me cause of my past, but there seemed to be something else he is apologising for. I let the thought slide out of my head and I gave into his embrace.

"So..." he begins, "Nobody is home today other than us, so I was wondering if I could take you around the garden?"

"I would love that." I replied smiling. This would be the first time I had been properly outside for months.

He smiled back as I got up to get ready for the day.

~-~-~-~

After about twenty minutes, I was finally ready for the day. Every muscle in my body hurt, but I was used to it by now. I walked over to Draco and he held out his hand for me to grab it, so I did.

"Are you okay to apparate?" He asked me.

I really didn't know how to reply, so I just stood there, frozen. I think Draco picked up on this.

"We can walk." He said as we began to walk down the empty corridors.

~-~-~-~

As we slowly arrived at the door that leads outside, we entered into the room that I was tortured in a couple years ago. I stared at the chandelier that was screwed off the ceiling, they obviously fixed it up. Then I thought about Dobby. Without that house elf, I would no longer be alive. It wouldn't be too bad, but I was still thankful. I didn't want to bring attention to my sadness, so I just continued walking. I don't think Draco noticed yet.

As we came to the massive door that led outside into the garden, beautiful fresh air hit my face. I breathed it in like it would be last time I smelt it. It was stunning. The garden had massive hedges that were cut into many different shapes. There was a massive pond with lily pads covering at least half. There were huge flower fields filled with different colours and types scattered everywhere.

"Wow" I exhaled.

Draco just giggled to himself and took me down to the pond. As much as It hurt, I let myself run with him. The only time I have run it the past couple of years was to escape something. First Voldemort and then his followers. I stopped just before my feet hit the water. Draco soon after caught up to me and signalled to me to have a seat. I gladly obeyed.

Draco's POV:

I watched as the gorgeous girl before run towards the pond. I thought she was attempting to escape, but to my surprise, she wasn't.

Hermionie stopped right before the water and I quickly afterwards caught up to her. I gestured for us to sit, which she followed.

"This is the most happy I've been for years." Hermionie said.

I took this chance to lightly take her hand into mine and slowly lie down against the green grass. She followed and lay down next to me, resting her head on my chest.

We probably stayed like this for three hours before I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Hermionie's POV:

This truly was beautiful... but freedom was better. I noticed he was sleeping by his quiet snoring. I slowly lifted up my head from his chest, making sure not to wake him. I stood up at a slow pace, mostly because I couldn't do it any faster anyways. The second I realised I was in the clear, I began to bolt.

My legs would feel pain, but the adrenalin rush of it all made it numb. I knew I wasn't running that fast at all, but this was my maximum speed. I had quite a while to run before I found the exit, but at this point, there was no turning back.

Draco's POV:

I felt a slight splash of water against my feet. I opened my eyes to see Hermionie running towards the exit of the Manor.

"Not again." I sighed.

I instantly got up and started to run towards her. She wasn't running that fast at all, so I could definitely catch up. Thank goodness my aunt isn't home otherwise Hermionie would be dead by now.

I wasn't angry at Hermionie, I felt more sorry for her than anything.

"Hermionie! Please stop running!" I yell to her.

I wasn't too far away from her, I just didn't want to have to force her to stop.

"Please... leave me alone." She cried.

Hermionie kept running, so I continued to sprint after her.

As I was running I tripped over a small rock on the floor, twisting my ankle. I knew in this condition there was no way I could get her. I thought of the only thing I could do in this situation. I grabbed my wand from my back pocket and shot a binding spell onto her.

I made sure the spell still made her aware of her surroundings, but merely just paralyzed her.

I heard her scream as she hit the ground, the spell wasn't painful so I knew something else happened in that time.

Hermionie's POV:

I could hear Draco shouting for me to stop running but I refused. There was no way he was going to stop me from running without forcing me. Suddenly I saw a blue spark hit my body as my entire body froze. As I fell to the ground I felt a huge stone hit the side of my head. I could see the crimson blood starting to bleed out, and then suddenly, black.

Draco's POV: (Sorry I know this paragraph has a lot of POV changes).

"Hermionie? HERMIONIE!" I shouted.

Thick red blood was pouring from her skull. I realised when she hit the ground her head must have hit something sharp. She was unconscious. If Hermionie had any chance of survival, I would need to act fast. I quickly picked her up and held her extremely tightly against my chest and apparated up to my bedroom.

After about half an hour of countless healing spells and potions, her breathing returned back to normal.

I watched as her almost lifeless body lay on my bed.

I couldn't believe I just did that. I nearly just killed the love of my life.

A/N: OooOOoooOOo! Sorry but Dramionie is the reason I wake up in the morning. Anywayssss... hope you are enjoying the book! Please leave any comments or thoughts, I will try and reply to as many as I can!

-Author xoxo