Chapter 4

Hermionie's POV:

Draco placed onto probably the most comfortable bed I have ever been on. I let my body sink into the soft, silk sheets. This was heavenly.

"Are you okay if I heal some of your wounds?" Draco asked me. I hesitated but nodded.

He started muttering healing spells from under his breath. I felt a huge sense of pain relief when he finished off the final spell. I still had blood all over me and the cuts and scars I got from the Cruciatus curse remained, as they were impossible to undo.

"You need to have a bath to get all of the blood off of you." He said. I would have said no but I was desperate for a bath, it had been months, so I agreed.

"I will wait out here, if you need anything, just shout."

As I hopped out of bed, I felt excruciating pain shiver up my body, but I was too desperate for a bath to care. I walked into the bathroom and looked around in shock. It was beautiful, and the bath was enormous. The following half hour was probably the most relaxing half hour of my entire life.

Draco's POV:

As I heard the tap roll on, I began to relax. She was safe.

I needed to find a way to get her to trust me, and tell me if she is hurt. I guess time will be the biggest helper in this.

I then heard the bath tap switch and the water began to drain. I realised she mustn't have any clothes with her do I accio-ed some into the bathroom.

"Thanks" I heard her say through the door.

"All good" I said with a smile playing on my lips.

A couple minutes later Hermionie exited the bathroom and took a seat at the end of my bed. I walked towards and placed my hand on top of hers. She flinched and pulled her hand away.

"Are you ok?" I questioned.

"I-I am sorry." She whispered with her eyes welling up with tears.

"Don't be, its completely normal for people coming out of your situation." I smiled.

She nodded thankfully and looked out the window next to my bed. I took this time to examine her. Even though she had taken a bath she still looked dead on the inside... and out.

A sudden knock at my door snapped me out of my thoughts. I told Hermionie to sit down on my couch and made her appear to have more blood on her then she actually did.

I creaked open the door and the cursed underneath my breath as my Aunt, Bellatrix stood before me. "Hello Draco." She said with a sickening voice. "I'm just here to check on the mudblood, let her know who's boss, you know?" Bellatrix smirked as she approached the fragile girl sitting on the couch.

"I really don't think that's necessary." I nervously said.

"Oh don't be silly Draco, this is all... very, necessary." She laughed chaotically.

Hermione's POV:

"Oh don't be silly Draco, this is all... very, necessary." She laughed chaotically.

Her laugh sent shivers up my spine. I knew she enjoyed watching Mudbloods suffer but it seemed like it's what fuels her to get up in the morning. I was petrified. I was already so weak and I don't think my body could take anymore. While Draco was talking to his Aunt Bella about not going through with this I came up with a plan of escape.

From the spells and potions Draco gave me earlier I probably had enough strength in my legs to escape. Well only one way to find out.

I leaped from the couch and started sprinting down the hallway. I was wrong when I said I would be strong enough. I haven't eaten for about a week and my body was mainly just bone and skin. The only thing that kept me going was the thought of what would happen to me if I was caught.

I heard Draco yelling out my name from close behind.

Draco's POV:

I peered over to Hermionie's petrified face and she sat on the couch.

"There is no point, plus I need her alive to serve my breakfast tomorrow morni-"

"NO HERMIONIE!" I yelled as she bolted out the door.

"That idiotic Mudblood!" Aunt Bella teased.

"Please let me get her" I begged, my aunt just rolled her eyes and agreed. I didn't waste time, I followed Hermionie out the door and saw her running down the hallway. I could see she wasn't going to make it far without collapsing. "Hermionie please stop running!"

Hermionie's POV:

I could hear Draco telling me to stop running, but I couldn't. I just couldn't. His footsteps gradually got closer and closer until two hands grabbed onto my wrists and pulled me against a wall...

I screamed louder than I ever have before. My feet were off the ground and I was plastered against the wooden wall behind me. I was kicking my legs and trying to get out of his tight grasp, but nothing was working.

"Hermionie please listen to me. You need to stop." I stopped kicking and he slowly let me down from against the wall.

"YOU STUPID FILTHY MUDBLOOD!" Bellatrix screamed from down the hallway.

"I sorry for whatever happens in the next couple minutes, okay? Draco whispered to me.

I nodded, still completely petrified. The woman became closer to me and violently pushed Draco out the way.

"You obviously need to learn how to treat you superiors." She whispered in my ear. Bellatrix then proceeded to grab a small knife from the insides of her dress and scraped it across the skin of my neck. It was deep enough to really hurt, but not enough to kill me. I could see Draco's horrified face in the corner of my watery eyes .

She continued to place deep cuts on my skin and then pinned me up against another wall, but this this a lot harsher, making me winded. All the air I had left was pushed out of me. Bellatrix obviously noticed this and began to choke me. She applied so much pressure to my throat I could feel it starting to bruise, and suddenly I began to lose conscientious. Before I could completely pass out she dropped me down to the ground and kicked me in the stomach leaving me gasp in pain.

"Finish her off for me Draco, I have some others to deal with."

The second she apparated away Draco ran towards me and picked me up. He then sprinted me into his room. I was still aware of my surroundings, but barely. I was gasping for air in the meantime.