4.8

After the banquet ended and the ministers have left along with the important guests, they returned back to the place prepared by the palace for their stay. Ning Ling swing Huo Biyu's arm as she asked in curiosity, "What will Biyu jiejie ask for from the emperor?" Huo Biyu smiled as she rubs Ning Ling head with her other hand, "How are you already so confident that I am going to get awarded by the emperor?"

Ning Ling smiled as she raised her head proudly, "Of course I know, my Biyu jiejie is so great and so pretty too. So? What is it that you are going to ask for?" Huo Biyu's eyes curved happily as she said mysteriously, "You will know when the emperor summons us." Ning Ling pouted as she continues swinging Huo Biyu arm cutely and kept asking her until they separated to go sleep in their own room.

...

The next morning, the head eunuch indeed came and told them that they were summoned by the emperor. Ning Ling yawn as she walked bedside Huo Biyu and asked curiously, "Biyu now that I realized it. How come you never looked tired waking up in the morning?" 

"Isn't it because I have to look beautiful in front of you? Hm?" Huo Biyu said as she put Ning Ling's stranded hair behind her ear making Ning Ling blushed as she covered her ear that Huo Biyu touched. "You are bullying me again!" Ning Ling cried out as she pouted angrily. 

"It's because my meimei is too pretty, I couldn't resist myself," Huo Biyu said as she tries to fix her hair again, but Ning Ling avoided her. "I take back what I said back then about that if I was born a man I would have definitely fallen head over heels for you. Now I am glad that Biyu jiejie was born a woman instead of a man," Ning Ling said seriously making Huo Biyu laughed. "Why is that?"

Ning Ling responded, "If you were born a man then, how many women's hearts would be stolen by you." Huo Biyu was clearly amused by her answer and ask as she moves her head closer to Ning Ling, "Can't I still steal women's hearts even if I am a woman?" Ning Ling's face turned into a shade of tomato fully as she ran away to her mother making Huo Biyu laugh in amusement. 

...

Inside the palace sat the emperor in the middle on the throne and the princes at his sides. 

As they entered the palace, Ning Ling sneakily glance toward Bing Donghai then lower her head back down in shyness, thinking that he nor anyone would notice, but everyone did, yes, everyone, it was that obvious.

"Continue staring and maybe the emperor might even let you marry the first prince," Huo Biyu joked as she whispered quietly to Ning Ling making her(NL) hide behind her(HB) causing Huo Biyu to chuckle softly. 

 Ning Hong pinched both of them as she gestures them to bow down with her to the emperor and the princes. After bowing down respectfully, the emperor spoke, "Ningxiu's group performance and solo dance were both flawless, but Zhen has to accept honestly that the solo dance has caught Zhen's attention and wonder if the female performer will like to stay in Zhen's Continent Bing." This shows his true interest purely in her dance, and also stands as giving her respect. 

"This lowly performer dare ask for the majestic emperor for something, but this lowly performer request can also fulfill the request your majesty's just made," Huo Biyu said boldly as she bows respectfully. "Oh? Say it then," the emperor said.

"This lowly performer only wishes that both Ningxiu and Tangxiu groups remain in the palace until the end of the year. There will not be a need to move us too, since the current place that we are staying inside the palace is more than enough," this request was out of any one's expectations since they didn't really understand why she also said Tangxiu's group, but the request wasn't really unreasonable. 

The end of the year was coming after three months, so the emperor laughed happily and agreed to her request. Since whenever there are more banquets and celebrations, they will not have to wait for the performers to travel to Bing palace or continent which made everything easier, and Ningxiu's dance was very brilliant so there were not many cons to this. As for Tangxiu's group...since they are staying in the palace anyway, although their dance did not really catch their eyes and the unpleasant accident, the emperor doesn't mind letting them perform, although not on important occasions.

...

On the way back to their residence in the palace, Huo Buyi pulls Ning Ling along with her and told Ning Hong, "We are going to go walk around for a bit, you guys can go back first." Ning Hong says worriedly, "Don't go too far and get lost, and don't let Ling'er cause any troubles." Huo Biyu replied with an 'en' and left with Ning Ling. 

"We have been walking for a while Biyu ah. Where exactly are we going?" Ning Ling asks as she held onto Huo Biyu's arm for energy. "We are almost there," Huo Biyu said as she caught sight of the white snow fountain weeping cherry tree. "We are here," Huo Biyu said as she looks at the beautiful pale white tree that was blooming.

"Wowww...so beautiful," Ning Ling said in awe as she ran towards the tree and look at the nearest lowered tree branch of the white snow fountain weeping cherry tree(a long name I know). "I saw it yesterday after walking around for a bit when I left the main hall," Huo Biyu said although she was sort of lying since this tree was in the plot, where the princes would often visit since this was considered as their spot and the female lead who was the male lead's companion also became part of it. Although that will no longer be the same.

"It seems like these two ladies have got here ahead of us, Longwei," Bing Donghai said as they walked forward towards them.