Before I could even go anywhere my mom pulled me towards the ball room.

"You are late young man" she scolds.

We arrive in the ball room and it was packed with pack members.

Mom leads me behind the stage and i see Jake, dad and his beta there.

"I'm proud of you son" my dad says giving me a hug.

"Thanks dad"

My dad and his beta then made their way to the stage and said a few words.

"Now if you can all put your hands together for my Son, your soon to be Alpha and his Beta"

I hear him say, everyone claps.

Jake and I make our way to the stage and i flash a smile to the crowd.

"Chase, Do you take the position of Alpha, to the Moon Rise pack and do you swear to protect its people and make wise, selfless decisions"

"I Chase Travis take the position of Alpha to the Moon Rise pack and swear to protect its people and make selfless decisions"

My dad's beta hands him the ancient knife that has been in our family for centuries, he cuts his finger then cuts mine and presses his finger onto mine.

My dad's beta then goes to Jake.

"Jake do you accept Alpha Chase as you Alpha and Moon Rise pack as your pack. Do you accept the position of Beta and do you swear to stand besides the Alpha in protecting the pack"

"I accept Chase as my Alpha and Moon Rise pack as my pack. I accept the position of Beta and promise to stand beside Chase in protecting the pack"

The beta does the same thing my dad did to me.

And the crowd goes wild.

My dad says a few more words and then everybody gets back to partying.

Gem

We are so late, so very late.

"Its all your fault Adeline!" I shout at her.

When we were about to leave for the party Adeline spilt her cool drink on my dress.

It wasn't ruined thank goodness for that but it was wet.

We took her hair dryer and dried the juice and it worked like a charm but made us really really late.

"I know I know I'm sorry" she says.

We were running... well trying to run to the ball room with  hills.

When we finally arrived by the door.

I took a breath in and out then opened the door.

Everyone looked our way.

Oh goodness.