chapter thirteen

Comincia dall'inizio

    "Please don't break that boys heart," He pleaded. "I can tell he really cares about you and trusts you. I'm begging you to not break his heart. I know you've never heard things like this come from me, but i'm serious."

    "Don't worry Sapnap, he means a lot to me. All of it has honestly made me believe in love at first sight," Clay smiled.

    Everyone had a concerned look on their face. George had taken enough time with Clay to allow Karl to briefly explain the situation. George fell next to Karl, laying his head on his chest, just like he had done with Clay. Karl wrapped his arms around George to comfort him. George then had an unpleasant surprise coming towards him.

"Hey Georgie! What's the matter," Schlatt chuckled.

Even with holding back tears, George was furious with the presence of Schlatt.

"I know what you did," George replied, barely audible for anyone else to here.

Everyone knew it was Schlatt's doing. They weren't stupid. No one had any idea what the reasoning could be though. Not one.

"Did what? I'll beat up whoever hurt you, i promise Georgie," Schlatt laughed. No one found his joke funny.

"What is your problem dude?" Alex shouted.

"What's my problem? My problem is that Clay owes me. It's been a year, and it's my time to make him pay. I'm going to ruin his life" Schlatt snickered in a low voice.

"And what does that have anything to do with George at all?" Karl asked in an agitated tone.

"I'm going to ruin everything in Clays life, and George happens to be one of them." He whispered. "Do i think George deserves it? No. Do i think Clay deserves nothing? Yes. Yes i do. I have my plans to ruin everything in that idiot's life. Watch it George." Schlatt replied as he walked off.

George turned back to Clay, looking at him with tears in his eyes. What did Clay owe Schlatt?

The bell rang. Everyone made their ways to their classes. George felt a nudge to his shoulder, he knew who it was.

"I'm here, i'll skip if you just need someone through out the day. Okay?" Clay spoke to the shorter boy.

"Okay," George whispered. It was the loudest he could get without bursting into tears.

He wondered if now was the right time to ask Clay what he owed Schlatt. No, no it wasn't. George had to much going on and who knew what the answer would be. He smiled at Clay before walking to his seat. Clay made him feel better, even if it was just being around him.

    The day went by unusually slow. It wasn't the best day either, which wasn't a suprise. Lunch was almost completely silent, and classes felt like each one was hours long.

    Eventually, it was the end of the day. The group, and i guess you could include Clay and Sapnap into the group as well now, made their way to the side of the school where they'd meet everyday. George walked over to Clay once he made his way over there. He wrapped his arms around Clay's torso and laid his head on his chest.

    "Can i ride with you?" George asked quietly.

    "Of course," Clay answered. "We can go right now if you want."

    George nodded. The two left their friends and walked to Clay's car. Both boys sat in their seats and Clay began to drive off. He felt awful in the moment, not knowing how to make George feel better as he sat pitifully in the passenger seat. God, this was worse than seeing him that one day at school.

    They quickly arrived at Clay's home and both of the boys walked into the house. They walked straight to Clay's bedroom and sat on the bed. There was something bothering George, and you couldn't tell Clay any different.

    "Now, tell me what's wrong," Clay said bluntly. "I can't stand to see you upset any longer."

    George burst into tears without even getting a single word out. He fell into Clays arms. His arms were tightly wrapped around Clays waist. It made him feel safe. Clay rubbed circles into George's back, as a way of calming him down.

    Eventually, George spoke. He had calmed down enough to tell Clay everything. What Schlatt had done, how he ran away, and what his father had done. The thought of his father made George want to puke.

    Clay sat there in shock. Tears had filled his eyes. He felt awful knowing George had gone through that all in one day, and it was Clay's fault. He invited George to stay the night.

"I'm so sorry Georgie," Clay apologized. "You deserve the world, you're too important to have any of that happen to you."

Clay laid his head on top of George's. He still had a hand on his back, and his other hand was running through the brunette's messy hair.

George looked up at Clay.

"Clay," George spoke.

Clay moved his head and looked down to the brunette who laid beside him. George then asked the question that Clay had planned to ask George. It was the reason he invited George over.

"What are we?"

(1499 Words)
—————————————————————
haha i missed leaving y'all with a cliffhanger ;). i apologize for not posting a chapter yesterday i was very busy. lucky for all of you though, i'm posting every day again this week. also, thank you for 23k reads like um omg.

stay safe, i love you all so much. <3