THE QUNARI COURIER

MONTHS LATER, 9:40

MONTHS LATER, 9:40

ANABA

The young Anaba was quite known through the capital as The Qunari Courier, a reliable young courier with reasonable prices, fast, and careful delivery. Whether it be a letter for a friend, rose for a lover, or present for an enemy, The Qunari Courier does it all.

Her satchel carried six letters, and two flowers, while the one box she was holding, smelled of old cheese. And not the good kind.

Her recipient wasn't pleased to receive this gift.

"Who would dare send such an appalling thing?" Madame Durand squealed with a thick accent, she dropped the box, and gave Anaba an exasperated glare.

Anaba with her nose plugged replied. "Madame Dubois, My Lady." She held her breath before she reached into her bag for the letter. "Also, this," she handed the disgusted lady the envelope.

Madame Durand snatched the letter, she ripped apart the delicately folded paper and disregarded it before she got to the note. Anaba grabbed the littered paper and shoved it into her pocket. Gazing back at the Lady, she saw the fury in her face, scrunched together in utter rage. It took everything in Anaba's body not to laugh. Everything.

"That little bitch! First, she steals Sir Dubois and marries him-- and then-!"

Anaba stopped paying attention, she needed to get moving soon, so she could get to the rest of her flower deliveries-- assuming they didn't spoil from the cheese. She squinted up at the sun, pretending to tell the time. "I must take my leave, madame." She clasped the strap of her bag.  "Sorry for the, uh, gift." Anaba started to walk off.

Madame Durand held her hand out to halt the girl. "Wait! Can I hire your services?"

Anaba smirked as she made her way off the posh property. "I'll be back at the third bell!" She passed the Madame's suitor on the way out.

☾☽

Anaba loved her job, this city and all her glorious, horrifying secrets, it's petty squabbles, but also it's beauty in hidden corners. She sat on the docks, feeding the ducks some fresh baked bread she bought with her hard earned silver, she ate a sausage between the bread, her own invention. Anaba had been doing this work for a little over a year now, she got tired of sitting around the tavern being bossed around by Marq the Barkeeper. It was something to do while her real boss was out and about. Which was sometimes weeks at a time.

She sighed, she missed her family, as she always did when they were gone for more than a week. She wondered if they would come back on her birthday which was only a week away. Anaba didn't mind staying behind anymore since the incident in Fereldan, she just wished she could see more of them and that they'd stay longer. The Iron Bull didn't tell her when they'd be back, but she was starting to feel lonely. It was why she worked so much.