It was Supposed to Just be Eggs [OT8 x Reader]

"Kids! I'm back!" you shouted through the dorm as you kicked off your shoes at the door. You used your toe to push it to the corner, making a mental note to come back and properly put your shoes away as your hands were currently preoccupied with some bags of groceries. You made a beeline for the kitchen, eager to put down the heavy bags of food.

It wasn't that it was your job to go do the groceries, you just happened to be at the supermarket when you got a frantic text from Felix saying they needed eggs. He promised to pay you back, and you decided to get a whole bunch of food, remembering Hyunjin complaining about the lack of food in the group chat.

"Let me grab one," Felix offered as he took one of the bags from your hands, which you gratefully let him take as you shook out your cramped hand. You frowned as you looked at the red lines that were on your hand, no wonder it was hurting.

"I think the eggs are in that one." You pointed to the plastic bag on the counter in front of Felix as you put down the other plastic bag next to him and began to unload the items.

"Thank you!" he smiled as he took out the carton, "how did you know we needed butter?" he asked as he pulled out a couple boxes of said item.

"Every time you cook you use an entire package." You laughed at his pout.

"I do not!"

You dug in the bag and brought out some chocolate chips, "I saw a recipe for chocolate chip pancakes." You told him as you brought out the rest of the random assortment of foods you bought, "so let's try and make some on Saturday yeah?" Felix nodded excitedly.

"Seungmin!" you shouted even though you couldn't see him.

There was a faint "yeah?" from somewhere in the dorms.

"You're invited too!" you didn't hear his response, but you were going to drag him into your cooking experiment. It wouldn't be pancakes without him and Felix.

"Are those gummy bears?" you let out a shriek as Chris appeared over your shoulder, looking down at the colorful package that was still in the bag.

"No, they're mine!" you shouted as you snatched the bag to hold it close.

"I want snacks!" he cried out childishly as he captured you in a hug to try and get the sweets.

"Then get your own!" you struggled and tried to elbow him.

"I'm trying!" you tried to wiggle out from under his grasp, but ended up bringing both of you to the ground, causing the two of you (and the other members who saw the event) to burst out laughing.

"What are you doing?" you saw Minho's face pop up from behind the counter as he looked down at you and Chris.

"Protecting my honor." You pouted childishly.

His raised eyebrow was full of doubt as he continued to look at you, "your honor is a bag of gummy bears?"

"Yes." He rolled his eyes at your antics before disappearing to cook.

Keeping a watchful eye on Chris, you stood up from the ground. "What are you guys doing anyways?" you asked as you noticed Minho and Felix in the kitchen, and Jeongin at the table.

"Cooking." Was Minho's deadpanned response.

You couldn't help but roll your eyes at his response, "well yes, that's why I went out to buy supplies. But I thought Felix was the only one who wanted to bake."

"Changed my mind," was the easy response from Minho. You let out a quiet sigh as you looked over at Jeongin again, and then your face reddened as you saw the camera on the tripod.

"Are you guys live?" you clutched your gummy bears closer, as if holding it tighter would protect you.

"STAY are excited to see you (y/n)!" Jeongin reported as he looked at the chat, which just exploded with your name.

"No!" you cried out and promptly fell on the floor again to get out of the frame, "I'm embarrassed."

Jeongin was laughing as he read the comments, "(y/n) is Stray Kids' mom confirmed."

You let out another embarrassed screech and covered your rapidly reddening face with your hands, "why didn't you tell me you were live?" you spoke through your hands, too flustered to even look up, "you weren't live when I left!"

"STAY's been looking for you," Jeongin replied, "so I didn't want to ruin that."

You stuck up a hand to wave at the camera, "hello STAY. I'm just going to leave now," you scootched around on the smooth floor to try and escape from the room without showing up in the camera again. It wasn't that you didn't like STAY, you loved them, but you weren't ready to suddenly be live. And being called Stray Kids' mom flustered you. You saw the theories, but having it said to your face while livestreaming was enough to turn you into a tomato.

"Get back here!" you didn't have a second to react as Chris grabbed you in one of his iconic hugs, pulling you back to your feet. "You need to properly say hi."

Your face was definitely red as you gave a feeble wave to the camera, "uh, hi STAY."

"Do you even love STAY?" Chris asked dramatically in response to your shy greeting. Your brain was a little friend for words, so you responded with a finger heart to the camera, tactically using it to block your face.

There was a thud and a scream from somewhere else in the dorm, "(y/n)! Help!"

"Uh oh, what did you do!" was your shouted response as you pulled Chris's arms off of you to head towards the scream.

As you went to deal with whatever mess the kids had created, Jeongin smiled into the camera, "oh yeah, (pronoun)'s definitely our mom."

Here's a question for you guys! How do you guys prefer Chan to be referred to as? I've been using Chris since I have it set up where they're all close friends so they're on a real name basis, but Chris just feels so weird to me lol. Personally I like Chan better, but what do you guys like?