Part 3 Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

"Well you have to stop seeing him. And I want you to have no contact with that Professor Carrow next semester." She said and stood up to to drag her hand over her forehead. I could see her thoughts going wild in her head. 

"I can't do that." I said calmly.

"Yes you can and you will!" She shouted back at me and now I stood up from my seat too.

"You can't stop me! I am big enough to know what I can and can't do. " I shouted back at her.

She looked at me shocked and angry. 

"I promised to protect you and keep you safe and so I will. You will not see Draco again. Is that understood?" She said and pointed her finger at me.

"I won't have this discussion with you. I said I haven't told him my secrets and he is nothing like his father. You can't forbid me." I said and started walking away from her. But she grabbed my arm.

"I might not be your parents, but I know what they would think about this. You are not  meeting that boy again!" She said and stared me right into my eyes. I stared back at her angrily before I cleansed my fists. I apparated in a black smoke and opened my eyes as I had reached my room. I slammed the door behind me and went to sit down on the bed. I heard no sound from downstairs, which indicated that Eliza either was too angry to do anything, or she was in shock.

The next morning, we ate in silence. I didn't speak to Eliza and she didn't say anything to me. I knew she only wanted to protect me, but there was nothing she could do, really. I had started packing my things again. 

Eliza joined me to Kings Cross and tried talking to me in a low voice about how important it was that I stayed out of trouble and didn't do anything stupid. As we reached the platform I turned to hug her good bye. I did love her as a family but I knew perfectly well that I for some reason couldn't stay out of or avoid trouble this time. 

I walked up on the quiet train and made my way towards the Slytherin section. 

I noticed Frieda and Grace right away and walked over to sit with them. Liona approached us just as the train started moving. She sat down quietly besides us. We all gave a small smile to each other before we sighed and watched as the train left the dark platform.

We reached the castle at dark and the Carrow siblings stood waiting at the gates to welcome everyone, or to make sure no wrong students enter. Amycus gave me a nod as we walked past him and I tried to look friendly but quickly looked in another direction. As we walked up the stairs to the great hall I felt a hand on my back. I turn around to see Draco. He gave me a small smile and I wrapped my arms tight around his body. He hugged me back before leaning in to my ear. 

"I heard rumors about Amycus searching for suitable students to join you-know-what. I think you need to lay low from now on. He can't approach you about your skills again." He whispers in my ear and I pulled a lock of hair behind my ear. I faced him and nodded my head before we walked together towards the Slytherin table. Just as in the beginning of the year, the great hall looked somewhat empty and cold. Tables were barely half full and not many dared to speak to each other. 

After the usual dinner we all went to the common rooms. I however went to the library. I don't know why I did it but I had to get hold of the book again. I grabbed the grey and worn out cover and it transformed once again into the black leather cover I had seen before. I borrowed it and hid it under my jacket as I hurried down to the dungeons. The girls were unpacking as I entered. 

The first class with Carrow I kept my head in the book and looked away as I noticed him glancing in my direction. Draco kept an eye on me and made sure he walked with me everywhere I went to make sure Carrow wouldn't bump into me in the corridors. His slender arm was always protectively wrapped over my shoulder and he kept glancing over his shoulder. His manners gave me the impression of him being paranoid, but I did not blame him, it was a strange time after all.