Chapter 12- I'm Terrifying

Începe de la început

"But not you?" I asked turning to face him.

His arms were still stretched across the backs of the red velvet cushions. He looked at as if I'd caught him by surprise, but he quickly gained his composure and looked out at the stage. "I don't go on dates."

"What?"

He shrugged. "I don't date."

"Ever?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Why does it matter?" he asked quickly.

"I doesn't," I said. I could feel the tension between us. "I guess it makes sense, though. You are kind of a jerk," I shrugged.

He snorted. "Kind of an arsehole," he said, sounding more at ease. "Just use the word, Higgs. No one's going to tattle on you."

Like the mature young lady I am, I stuck my tongue out at him.

He smirked and patted my head again. "Calm down, little one."

I swatted him off once more and he laughed.

"So, what about you?" he said after a while of watching the concert. "Do you date?"

I blushed. "I-I've been on a date before. Once."

"Ah, yes. I forgot about the American boyfriend. Marty, was it?"

My face flushed even more. "His name is Matty and he's just my friend."

"Then why are you blushing?"

"Because you're trying to embarrass me!"

His lips tilted into a smirk. He leaned in closer. "If he's just your friend, what's there to be embarrassed about?"

"Because it's like having someone ask if I'm dating my brother— it's just wrong."

His smirk faded a little. "So you and him never..."

"Never what?" I snapped.

"Dated? Kissed?"

"NO!"

"Really? Nothing?" he asked, bemused. "Not even a cuddle? Suggestive hug?"

"No!" My face was positively burning and I was shaking a little from being put on the spot. What in the world was a 'suggestive hug' anyways?

Sirius hummed at this new revelation and sat back in his seat, as if contemplating a new method to torture me.

"So who'd you go on the date with?" he asked, genuinely interested.

My stomach sank. "You wouldn't know him."

"You're deflecting," he guessed. "It didn't go well, did it?"

"It's none of your business," I said quickly.

Sirius watched me, eyes softening. "Fair enough."

I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at the stage determinately, but I could feel Sirius's gaze.

"Tucker," I said when Stubby began a nice ballad.

Sirius sounded like he choked on air. "Sorry, what?"

I rounded to face him. "Tucker. The guy I went on a date with was named Tucker..."

Sirius closed his eyes and tiled his head back to laugh. "I thought you were calling me a fucker—"

"NO!" I gasped, horrified. "I didn't— I wouldn't—"

I buried my face in my hands. Ugh, I just kept making a fool out of myself. I should have just kept my mouth shut.