Chapter 7

Takanori's POV

When we arrived at the hospital, they placed me onto a gurney and wheeled to a room for examinations. The doctor held a flashlight in front of my face.

"Make some sort of sign If you can hear me Takanori?" The doctor asked checking to see if I was conscious. I tried to move my hand a little bit. To signal, I was awake the doctor's face mask smelled strongly of medicine.

"I'm going to need you try and tell me how much pain you're in."

"I-it h-hurts" I barely got out before I lost consciousness. Even when I was unconscious, I could still hear them. The doctor's above me were talking about how I shouldn't even deserve this basic medical treatment. But I'm sure everyone knows that I've been released by now. They're probably going start sending death threats as soon as I come to.

~~weeks later~~

I opened my eyes slowly to see that I was in a hospital room. There was a nurse sitting in the chair in the room observing me. She got up and walked to my bedside. I can't feel my feet, or barely any part of my body at that.

"I already know what you're thinking, no need to tell me." She said placing her hand on my wrist.
"You will be staying with one of your classmates with the name of Adrian since protesters burned your house down." She said smiling at me creepily.

"W-what," I said trying to comprehend what she just said. She nodded still smiling.

"Everything in it burned except for a bunch of worthless books,"she said her smile so big to the point it looked painful.

"And how d-do you know this?" I almost hissed. She still smiled. I stared at her directly in the eye until she stopped smiling. She got up and left me alone in the room. I kept on slipping between conscious and unconscious, before finally falling asleep again. Never did I even realize the full extent of my injuries, I'm in an extreme amount of pain.

Adrian's pov

My phone started ringing in my back pocket. Ayushi? She never calls this early in the morning.

"Morning Adrian"

"Good Morning Ayushi. Why are you calling me before 12? You typically call in the afternoon so this must be important."

"Oh, Takanori just came out of a short coma. I think since you are taking him into your home, you should be the one to visit."

"Alright, but I was just getting ready to go over to Masa's place and-"

"I'd get there before protesters do. They get crazy and block the entrance." 

"Then I should get going. See you later"

"Before you go, I wanted to come over later today actually. There is something we need to talk about."

"Okay, bye~" I hung up the phone. What could she want to talk about?

I went to visit the witch in the hospital to check on his condition and get his basic care info for him eventually going to the front desk and asking to see him.

"Are you someone actually here not to hurt him. We've had too many accidents occur in the last few days. Like when a lieutenant ripped all the IV tubes clean off of his body and legit, at like 3 a.m a few days ago, tossed him down the staircase. He went into a state a shock. If he were human he would've died just from that. That was overtime on my part." The young nurse said.