Chapter 16

Of course, fate plotted against them once again and Louis was no more able to go home as Harry was able to drive himself the 300 miles to Newcastle with one maimed leg and one broken leg. Louis, Niall and Zayn were leaving for Scotland at 9 am that morning so it wasn’t physically possible for Louis to get down to London and back again either. He let Harry down as gently as he could, promising, “The moment we’re finished this bloody signing tour, I’ll be straight home – nothing will stop me. Even if I have to kill Simon first.”

It was an empty threat and a broken promise. As though Simon had been listening to their plans and disapproved, he arranged for the three lads to fly to America for another set of interviews and fan-events as soon as the signing tour was over. Literally as soon as the tour was over – like two hours. Louis would have kicked up a fuss if he hadn’t been too busy trying to calm Niall down. Niall was raging that it would be at least another two weeks until he got to see his boyfriend – who had been released from hospital in their absence - into the care of his mother and Harry. Both Liam’s mum and Harry’s mum were staying at the band’s house in Bexley, looking after their sons. Even if Harry was able to walk he still wouldn’t break his promise to Niall about looking after Liam. Until Liam was up and around, Harry wouldn’t be leaving his side – not even to see Louis, as tempting as it was.

Of course, they all kept in touch regularly. Louis and Harry texted each other numerous times a day - including when Louis was in the middle of answering a fan’s question during a panel. He’d blushed as his phone beeped, amplified by the microphone, and apologised, quickly scanning the text he’d received. He grinned at its contents and gazed out into the excited sea of faces, “That was Harry,” he announced, “just saying he’s getting his cast off next week.”

The whole crowd had cheered and flooded Harry’s twitter with congratulation messages.

~*~

Harry and Liam followed much of their friend’s escapades in America via Twitter and Youtube. Harry had gone so far as to join a One Direction fan website just so that he could get the links the moment they appeared. Fans were such enablers! He thought he might just drop them a photographic present as thank you later on – when Louis returned.

In the meantime, to thank those fans of the website, who were made up of many slashers, Harry and Louis started to flirt with each other over Twitter too. The fans went wild over it, rejoicing in the fact that Larry Stylinson was back to full strength again after a four year lull. Louis was tempted to point out that it wasn’t Larry Stylinson anymore, because Larry was a bromance and Harry and himself were past that stage now. It was the real thing baby and he couldn’t help himself from tweeting after #Larrystylinsonisback trended at No. 1 worldwide,

Louis_Tomlinson Louis Tomlinson

Bye bye Larry Stylinson and hello Harris Toyles!

10 seconds ago via Twitter for iPhone

A few minutes later he got a message from Twitter and grinned as he read,

@Harry_Styles Harry Styles

@Louis_Tomlinson You changed our name without telling me! :(

1 minute ago via Twitter for iPhone

He typed back,

@Louis_Tomlinson Louis Tomlinson

@Harry_Styles Don’t be mad baby. Larry needed to move on. We’ve got Harris now :D x