Chapter 36: Cherry Tree

"Did you take the 2?"

George nods reluctantly feeling a little numb as he lays on his bed. The sheets thick in his fingers, as he curls up some. Clays friend Nick had just got broken up with, and he needed Clay to comfort him. George understood, he could get use to not having Clay for a little. If a little wasn't a whole month!

Clay had taken to life in Texas, helping his best friend settle into being single. George really really missed him though, missed everything. Clay had said if George needed to talk, and they did every night, that he could use his computer. So George did and well it was odd, there was something new about it. They'd talk for hours and then George would watch YouTube. Something he hadn't watched since highschool when he was 15, if you didn't count the times he watched over Clays shoulder. He also started playing this game on Clays computer called, 'Minecraft', and thought it was pretty cool. He still really missed Clay, thought about him often. Way too often to be normal, he just really loved him. 

"You okay? You've been quiet since Clay left." George nods sniffling slightly, bringing the blankets up just a little more. He'd been taking the medication for his schitzophrenia, and it'd gotten under control. It was manageable now and the episodes were once in a blue moon. It was relieving, but he wanted Clay to experience the relief too. He'd been through so much with him and Clay deserved to get the best happiness he could. "I just miss him," he says choosing his words carefully. Katie still had no idea about the relationship. He felt crappy but he just couldn't, "he's coming back soon. In just a week or two." George nods huffing, he wanted Clay to hold him right now. Liked his arms around his torso, made him feel safe. "I know he's coming back, but it's just so long."

Katie sighs, giving George's leg a loving pat. "It'll be okay, now you get to bed. I love you," she gets up and George smiles "love you too. Night." She leaves the room closing the door, leaving it open just a little. George turns onto the other side, grabbing his pillow, hugging onto it.

He'd be okay.
--------

A knock on his window wakes George up from his slumber. Sitting up in bed, slightly hot from all the covers and Clays large hoodie.

He goes over to his window to see none other than Kyle who gives him a weird wave. George opens the window having no idea what Kyle was doing here. "Kyle? What are you doing here?" Kyle looks around looking just a little nervous, "I have a lot I need to tell you." George nods, this had to be something his mind was interpreting. There's no way Kyle would just show up in the middle of the night, no nevermind, very Kyle like. "You do look a little like a stalker standing outside the window." Kyle nods and George smiles, "I'll make it quick." George nods grabbing the chair at his desk rolling it up to the window. He'd never be able to completely say no to Kyle, there'd always be underlying feelings for him. As painful as it was to admit, Kyle had his heart for a long time and it's hard to just get rid of those feelings completely.

"I tore down the house, and am building the new one." George's heart clenches slightly, their dream. "Is it gonna be yellow?" Kyle nods and George gives a deep sigh imagining it. "You always wanted it yellow," he says and George laughs "it gave the most home feeling." Kyle hums, "we always talked about building that house. You'd have your tree in the backyard, a white picket fence, the perfect house." They both go silent and George plays with the bottom of the hoodie. "Do you remember the tree I want?" Kyle nods leaning forward just a little, "you wanted a cherry tree." George bites back a smile, Kyle holding out one of his hands hopefully and George takes it. The rough hand bringing back so many memories. "Why'd I want the cherry tree?" Kyle laughs their fingers interlocking, "so you'd have cherry pie in the spring."

George gives a hum, he was right. They'd built this dream together. It was so hard to let that dream go. "What was her name gonna be?" Kyle asks and George knows exactly what he's talking about. It makes his heart ache again, "either Lily or Jamie." Kyle nods, "I like both of those names. Lily just a little more though." George smiles, he liked that name too. "I'm not allowed to see you right now, not even suppose to be this close." George holds his breath a little, Kyle leaning forward just a little more. "I know," he says and Kyle looks at him oddly "you couldn't do it could you?" George shakes his head, if he was being honest. He could never in a million years say anything about Kyle that would put him in jail. It didn't even come up in his brain. "Do you still want that yellow house and cherry tree?"

George knows what Kyle is implying. He isn't stupid, he's blatantly saying that he could come with him and leave. Have that dream they always talked about. Have the yellow house with the white picket fence, and the cherry tree in the backyard. The large living room and the kitchen. 2 floors, of course 2 floors because Kyle wanted his own office, George wanted a sewing room. The offer was right infront of him, and Kyle did seem so much better. George could tell he was better, he was so different now. He had to remember though what Kyle had done to him. All the horrible moments, all the times he woke up on the floor of the bathroom covered in his own blood. He had to remember the many times Kyle would bring a girl into their home and George could hear them. Hear them doing, God George couldn't even say it.

There was also Clay.

Clay who made him feel so safe and loved. Clay who made every moment a good moment. Clay who loved him beyond words. Clay who was the one for George. George let's go of Kyle's hand sitting back in the chair, "bye Kyle." Kyle sighs stepping back, "bye George." His voice is filled with sadness and it takes every thing in George to say something different. He closes the window getting up from the chair. In a hurry he rushes to Clays room. He needed him to be back, to hold him, to love him, to make him forget.

He goes over to Clays bed, pulling up the sheets, slipping inside. Head landing on Clays pillow, his normal wood cologne enveloping him. He gives a deep sigh, curling up some completely comfortable. Why didn't they sleep in Clays bed more often? It was a lot softer than George's, sheets gentle on his body. He sighs happily, closing his eyes wishing Clay would just come back now.

"Come home soon Clay."
---------------------------💜----------------------

Hello!

So Clay might be absent for a little, but not long. Actually a new person is coming in when he does. 👀 get ready.

Also I'm very sick, so expect a lot of updates. Schools gonna kick my butt I can feel it.

I love you all, Bye!!!💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Babyyyy: