chapter 35 ~ driveway

Start from the beginning

At first I try to ignore it, but when I can hear the car door slam outside of the house, I realize who it is.

I jump up, letting the blanket drop from my lap once again.

As im running for the door I can already see him coming up the drive.

I swing open the door, watching him grin from ear to ear as he finally gets to the doorstep.

"Sorry it was such short notice" Wilbur says breathlessly.

His hair is already starting to dampen from standing in the rain.

I let out a relieved laugh, moving out of the doorway allowing him to come inside.

"Thats the first thing you have to say?" I ask him in a playful tone.

"Its the first thing I want to apologize for" he calls after me, slipping off his jacket and shutting the front door.

Im already headed back to the living room, him following close behind me.

"Apologize for?" I frown, throwing myself back down on the couch, "why would you be apologizing for anything else apart from that?"

"The way youre saying it makes it seem like I have terribly drastic news" he laughs.

"Do you?" I question.

"Of course not, if I did it wouldve been the first thing I told you" he tells me, gazing about the room.

"It looks the exact same, you guys really havent changed much" he says with a nostalgic looking smile as he walks around the back of the couch and to the bookshelfs.

"We had no reason to change anything" I say, shrugging even though he cant see me.

I watch him wander about the room for a minute or two, before I remember what he had said.

"Wait, what else do you want to apologize for?" I ask, lifting the blanket from the floor.

"We can talk about that later, dont worry about it" he says, trying to make me forget what he had said.

"Well now im obviously going to worry about it"

"I said you dont have to-"

"Which is exactly why I will" I press.

His eyes land on me, a funny look on his face.

"If theres one thing you're good at, its being stubborn" he tells me.

"Stubborns just another word for annoying" I accuse.

"Then youre definitely stubborn" he responds with a laugh, but quickly stopping and grinning when he sees my glare on him. "Im joking, George"

"Jokes are meant to be funny" I mumble under my breath.

"What room am I staying in?" he asks, missing my comment.

"Mine at the moment, Tubbo has my old room so we're both in the spare room" I inform him.

"I forgot Tubbos staying here too, did you tell them im back?" he asks, leaving the living room and heading down the hall.

I guess he expects me to follow, so I will.

"No, theyre gone this weekend" I say, catching up with him.

"Gone? Like they left you here?" he questions, picking up his bag and walking up the stairs.

"They didnt leave me, I chose to stay" I reply, following close behind him.

"So why didnt you go with them?" he presses.

"Why are you here?" I challenge back.

"Mhm, touché" he responds with a small laugh.