17. His Tolerance

Start from the beginning

She scolds him but her voice comes out like a whisper towards the end.

The smile from his face fades away and his expressions turn serious.

"Tum aati?"

He asks her seriously.

"Kyun nahi aati? Aap kehte toh sahi. Aap bulate toh sahi"

She confronts him with an angry tone.

Smiling sarcastically, Rajveer says,

"Waise toh mein tumse bohut kuch kehta hun. Jab se wapis lauta hoon, tumne ek bhi baat maani hai meri Naina?"

His tone stern as he continues further,

"Nahin..toh kaise maan loon mein tum mere kehne se aati? Kaise?"

Reality draws upon Naina. Her heartbeat picks up pace. He is right. She hasn't listened to a single thing he had asked her. On one hand she hurts him and on the other hand, she shows love and care. How is that fair for Rajveer?

She lowers her gaze and slowly lets go off his arm.

"Mein..mein medicine laati hun"

Avoiding his gaze, she takes a step away to get the medicine to apply on his wound. This doesn't go very well with Rajveer. She always does this. She never answers his questions.

Anger surges through him and before she can take a step away, he wraps his other arm around her waist and pulls her with a jerk, leading her to collide hard with his chest.

A shiver goes down her spine with his sudden action.

"Look up in my eyes Naina"

His voice stern.

Not daring to move away, she follows his order and slowly meets his gaze. Her heart skips a beat as she sees immense anger in his eyes.

"Meri baat ka sach sach jawab dena Naina. Kyun aayi tum mere paas? Why?"

Asks Rajveer with a serious tone.

Not wanting to lie to him further, she replies,

"Apni...apni engagement ring wapis lene"

It's true that she stopped by his door when she saw him struggling to change his dressing but the entire day today, she was looking for him to get the ring back.

Her voice doesn't hurt him this time but angers him rather. He continues to gaze at her with anger while his hold tightens around her waist.

This is enough for him. There is a limit a person can tolerate something. Since the day he returned back, she has given him nothing but ignorance through her words but at the same time, her action shows her love and concern.

He is tired, tired of requesting her to come back. Yes, he had warned her many times to break the engagement but he never forced her to do anything. He has been hoping that one day, she will melt and accept him but she is worse than a stone.

"Do you even love me Naina?"

His questions slips the Earth beneath her feet. She stares at him shocked.

"Let me rephrase my question. Have you EVER loved me Naina?"

This time, he shouts as he lets go off her waist with a jerk and steps back.

She stays stunned at his sudden outburst.

Pointing a finger at her, he shouts again,

"No you haven't!! Because if you ever loved me, you wouldn't have been hurting me so much"

Taking a step closer to her, he says sternly;

"You care about everything else in this world except me. You expect me to always understand. Why would I always understand? Do I not deserve to be happy? Do I not deserve to be loved? Do I not deserve to be with you?"

A lone of tear escapes from his eyes as he finishes.

"Mein..mein thak chuka hoon Naina. I'm tired of trying to find my happiness, your happiness"

Another tear escapes his eyes as he finally lets out what is in his heart. He lost everyone he truly loved. First, his mentor Lala who betrayed him and now Naina. Naina stays quiet while her heart cries.

"Sir.."

She tries to speak but gets cut off by Rajveer

"Don't even dare to say a word"

He practically shouts at her and continues further

"And listen to me very very carefully Captain Naina Singh Ahluwalia. Tumhe nahi chahiye na mera sath? You want to stay away from me, right?"

Gazing her, he takes the ring out of his pocket. Getting a hold of her hand, he puts the ring in her palm. Letting go off her hand, he continues further,

"Aaj ke baad mein tumhare peechay nahi aaunga. Tumhe jaise jeena hai jiyo"

And this time, his words hurts her and something inside her breaks. Isn't this exactly what she wanted? Then why is she so hurt?

Turning his back towards her, he plainly says,

"Leave my room Captain Ahluwalia"

A lone of tear escapes from her eyes.

"Sir.."

She trues to speak again but he doesn't let her.

"I said LEAVE"

He shouts turning towards her.

She shakes with his sudden yelling and soon exits his room while the tears in her eyes doesn't seem to stop.

As soon as she leaves, he shuts his eyes and tears starts to roll down his cheeks.

If this is what you want Naina then let it be.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

(A/N: Leave Feedback Please!)