page twelve

a/n:
I highly suggest listening first to the video attached above before reading this chapter. So you can have an idea what Kai will be singing in this part.

Thank you! ( ◜‿◝ )♡

---

Before the performances started, Beomgyu and the others wandered around the school first to see each classes' presentation.

While walking around, Beomgyu can notice the worry in Kai's eyes. Since Kai is a bit taller than him, he jumped to reached its shoulder to put his arms around it.

"What is that face, huh?" Beomgyu stretched Kai's face to form a smile. "There you go. That's the face I wanna see"

Beomgyu's smile removed Kai's nervousness for the performance later. He nod and they went to each food stall to try all the food.

I wish we can always be like this. Kai thought while looking at Beomgyu, who is happily eating the foods.

Noticing a food sauce left on the side of Beomgyu's lips, Kai unconsciously hold Beomgyu's face to remove the sauce. But he was frozen when he realized what he just did, seeing Beomgyu is looking at him confused.

"Kai?" Beomgyu called him.

"I'm sorry"

"Why are you saying sorry?"

Because i'm a coward. I can't bring myself to tell you how I feel about you. Kai thought as he shake his head and forced a smile on his face.

"Nothing. Let's go back and prepare the performances?" he asked and they went back to the auditorium.

Taehyun saw them walked inside together, but what he saw too is the way Kai looked at Beomgyu.

Interesting. Taehyun said in his mind as he left the auditorium.

A few hours and the performances are finally starting. Kai is nervously waiting behind the stage. Before he can find him, Kai is already being called on stage.

His eyes kept finding Beomgyu.

When he saw Beomgyu, its holding a guitar while strumming. The nervousness he is feeling earlier, is now gone. His first memory with Beomgyu, came back to him.

Kai softly closed his eyes as he put his fingers on top of each piano tiles. Thinking of Beomgyu, he started playing the tiles.

It's been a long, long time
Since I've memorized your face.

The first time he knew he fell in love with his best friend, is the first time he saw him playing guitar in front of everyone while serenading everyone listening to him.

It's been four hours now
Since I've wandered through your place.

Beomgyu closely watch Kai play the piano while singing a very heartfelt song. He can feel Kai's emotion.

And when I sleep on your couch,
I feel very safe.
And when you bring the blankets,
I cover up my face.

The emotion Kai is putting in this song, touches the crowd and many people keep coming inside the auditorium, including Yeonjun and Soobin.

Kai opened his eyes and looked at Beomgyu as he sang the next lines.

I do,
Love you.
I do...
Love you...

Atleast with this song, Kai wants to tell Beomgyu how he feel towards him. He ended the song with a few ad-lib instrumental notes.

The crowd clapped at him, so Kai bowed infront of them and walk towards Beomgyu as he hugged him.

Confused, but Beomgyu hugged him too. "You did it! As expected from my best friend! I'm so proud of you, Kai."

After hearing what Beomgyu said, Kai hugged him tighter. Right... I'm only his best friend.

Kai smiled at Beomgyu. "Now it's your turn. Don't messed up since I didn't, okay?" and Beomgyu nods with a smile.

"Of course! So don't worry about me, okay?" Beomgyu walked towards the stage and bowed so the audiences clapped. Beomgyu sits on the chair and carefully put his guitar on his thigh.

Kai moved down the stage to stand beside Soobin and Yeonjun, so he can watch Beomgyu at the better view.

He saw Beomgyu smiled again so he did too. But Kai's smile fades away after realizing Beomgyu is looking at Taehyun, who is standing at the door of the auditorium.

---