epilogue

a/n: one year after last chapter

Today is the day.

I'm going to propose to y/n and she has no idea, which makes it all the better. I told Emily so she could help me plan, and she ended up telling Garcia. To be honest, I'm surprised Garcia didn't spill the beans.

*ring ring*

"Hello?" I asked, once I realized it was Garcia.

"Oh good, you're awake. You've got to get going, you don't want to miss the perfect time," she stated from the other line.

"I know, y/n is almost done showering. After that, we will be on our way," I said.

"Good good. Emily and I will be waiting, IM SO EXCITED!" She practically screamed into the phone.

"Me too Garcia, me too. Alright see you soon, love you!"

"Love you too sweetcheeks!"

As soon as I hung up, y/n walked out of the bedroom.

"Ready?" She asked. My jaw hit the floor. I told her to dress fancy, but this was amazing.

She wore a dark brown plaid skirt with a white turtleneck tucked into it. She layered it with a matching brown suit jacket and a pair of dark brown boots. Her makeup was minimal, not that she needed any anyways.

"Babe, pick your jaw up off the floor. You're gonna catch flies," she giggled.

"Sorry, sorry. You look stunning," I stuttered out.

"As do you. Where are we going? You never told me," she questioned.

"You'll know when we get there. Trust me, you'll love it," I said. She nodded, and we headed out the door.

All throughout life I've heard that when you propose your nerves take over. For now, I didn't feel it. All I felt was that I'm about to ask the love of my life to be mine forever, and I had a very strong feeling that she would say yes.

I planned this with the girls down to a T. I was taking her to a little clearing in a nearby forest with a gorgeous pond. I had packed a few things for a picnic so we could eat when we got there. Emily and Garcia would be 'stationed' in a spot hidden from us so they could take photos.

The car ride was silent except for some silent music in the background. I was driving, and I put my hand on y/n's thigh.

It wasn't until we entered the forest that y/n spoke up.

"Baby, please tell me you aren't here to murder me," she said, hiding a little laugh.

"Of course not, we're just going to have a sunset picnic," I said, quickly looking at her and smiling.

"Damn, I was at least hoping you would kidnap me and make me your sex slave," she whispered. She thought I didn't hear it, but I absolutely did.

"Well hey, that's not a bad idea," I said, turning and winking. Before I turned back to the road I saw her cheeks go a dark shade of pink. I giggled and continued driving.

We finally got there, thankfully it was still a little before sunset. I grabbed the stuff from the back seat and led y/n to where we would be 'having our picnic'.

"Wow, this is gorgeous," y/n said after we sat down.

"Yeah, it really is. I used to come here a lot and just sit and watch the ducks float, occasionally watch the sunset," I said, looking over at her.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you, too," I replied.

We began to eat, and I was getting ready for the master plan. After we finish, I was going to take her to the water and propose right there. And that's exactly how it went.

"How about we go walk along the water?" I asked y/n after we had both finished eating.

"Sounds perfect baby," she said, smiling.

While she was standing up, I checked to see if the ring was in my pocket, and thankfully it was.

We walked for a little bit until I found the perfect spot. It had the perfect view of the sunset and Emily and Garcia could get some amazing photos.

"This is stunning," y/n said, looking out at the pond. I took this as my moment. I knelt down on one knee, waiting for her to look back at me.

A few second later she did. I heard a quiet gasp and her hands immediately went to cover her mouth.

"Y/n, you are the light of my life. You have loved me through so much, no matter what was happening and I can't begin to explain how much that means to me. You light up every room you walk into, and you make me feel so safe. Your smile is contagious, never failing to make me happy. From the way you walk and talk to, hell, just the way you exist you're perfect to me. I know that I will never be able to express to you how much I really truly love you, but I can promise to love you forever, and I hope you do the same. Y/f/n, will you marry me?"

A tear had fallen down my cheek in the middle of the speech. Everything I said was true, and I was planning to live up to my promise forever.

"Oh my God, JJ, yes!" y/n cried. I slipped the ring onto her finger and stood up, bringing her in for a kiss. The kiss was soft and filled with love, showcasing something that words would never be able to describe.

After a few moments I heard cheering from behind and realized it was Emily and Garcia.

"Were they here the whole time?" Y/n asked, laughing.

"Maybe, I asked them to photograph it," I said blushing.

Y/n smiled, kissing me again.

"I love you more than words can describe, Jennifer Jareau."

"As do I, y/f/n. As do I."

And that is happily ever after.

_____________

i can't believe it's over woah

yeah i cried writing this shhhh

i hope you all enjoyed it:)