Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ Bɪɢɢᴇʀ Tʜᴀɴ Aʟʟ ᴏғ Us

Comenzar desde el principio

Felicity and Luna knocked their knuckles together twice, silently exchanging Knock-On-Elderwood.

Silence suffocated the Room of Requirement. Felicity turned to find the members gawking, but as soon as she looked, all gazes switched to Hermione.

"Anyways," Hermione shifted her disapproving looks from the two Ravenclaws, "I was thinking of a name that we can refer to safely outside. A name that conceals our objectives."

Cho raised her hand. "The Defense Association? D.A. for short."

"How about we prey upon the Ministry's greatest fear? 'Dumbledore's Army,'" Ginny offered.

Felicity leaned forward in her cushion, renewed energy running excitement through her veins. The best one yet, she agreed. Cheers and remarks suggested this was to seal the decision.

Afterward, Harry decided upon their first lesson, the Disarming Charm. Luna and Felicity immediately choose each other for pairing, but Harry stepped in. "You guys know each other's style too well. When I faced Voldemort, I faced the unknown. We got to learn to fight the unexpected."

"Right," Felicity responded, glancing around. Partners formed at the speed of bonding atoms. However, she spotted George and a few others deciding.

"Hey, mind pairing?" she clasped her hands together respectfully.

George turned, grinning. "My pleasure, Felicity."

They stood one pace back, then aimed their wands. Felicity tightened her grip, then slackened it by a measure, to mimic the real world of the unexpected.

"Ex-pell-iarmus!"

They exclaimed the spell at once, with George ending his phrase quicker than hers, causing Felicity's wand to drop to the floor at her feet. "Easy there, you accentuated like Snape!"

Blushing, Felicity swallowed. She picked up her wand. "Err . . . I did?"

"Expelliarmus!"

Felicity swayed so far back she had to take a step to support herself, with the wand landing a meter behind her.

Back turned to George, she decided she would win the next match with the unexpected. Standing still, she held her wand still, not tightly, not loosely, again---real situations---then spun on her heel, halfway through speaking the incantation. "Expelliarmus!"

George's wand yanked his arm high in the air, almost as if he hanged from a broomstick. His tipping toes gradually fell flat again. "Merlin's beard, had I not been gripping tightly, who knows where it might've ended up!"

"All right, switch!" Harry called.

"Thanks, George," Felicity said as they parted.

"Anytime."

Neville held one arm around himself, watching Luna stride up to Dean.

"May I have this duel?"

His gaze snapped to Felicity's. "Huh? Cool, yeah."

Raising wands, eye contact made, they incanted. "Expelliarmus!"

In unison, their wands projected into the air, then fell opposite of them, Neville's towards Felicity, and vice versa. They caught each other's wands, then looked at each other, eyes widening.

Raising Neville's wand, and Neville raising Felicity's wand, they incanted, "Expelliarmus!"

The wands inched in their holds, a hardly tangible effect. "Guess our wands don't respond to each other," Neville mused.