I don't want to see him right now, I want to be alone. We're not dating so why is he acting like we are?

"You stupid fucking-" I shout with my eyes all cried out, "leave me alone!"

I watched his face go from frightened to calm, like he knows I can't hurt him.

Next thing he does, he lays into my bed and puts my upper body and my head on his chest, slowly whispering "shhh".

His heartbeat is calm, mine is racing like crazy. He puts his hand on my head and starts stroking my hair while I let the cry out again. I cry and I cry and I cry, but I feel much more better when he's here. I'm not ashamed at all.

Draco's presence while I'm crying is different from what I thought it'd be. Turns out I was wrong, he's just a human like me, he cries too.

Despite everything, I still can't stop crying. Nothing is solved, my murderer father is free, Ginny is still with Leon and I am still cursed.

"Why are you so nice to me?" I ask him with my voice as strong as possible.

He sighs, thinking about it for a moment, trying to find the right words. Suddenly, I get it.

"I don't know..." he pauses, "I think I love you," he says while stroking my spine.

I cry even more, this time much louder. I put my head into his chest to silence the loud sobbing, leaving it all wet.

"What's wrong?"

"Everything," I look at him, "you can't love me,"

"What are you saying?"

"This is so wrong..." I wipe my tears,"you don't deserve this..."

I understand he's probably confused from my words, but I'm just glad I can even talk.

"Tell me, Amelie,"

He suddenly grabs my both cheeks and lowers his head to the level of mine. We're both staring into each other's eyes, his hands on my face.

"I can't love anyone back, that's my curse," I sob, "I'll never love you the way you love me,"

He's not breaking the eye contact. For a minute, we're in complete silence, just our heavy breathing.

Then, his lips press hard into mine, connecting them in a passionate kiss.

"I don't care," he pulls out, "I want you like this."

Next morning

I thought that when I woke up, Draco's arms would be wrapped around my body, I'd open my eyes and spot him peacefully sleeping next to me. He'd say something like "you snore so much" or like "you kicked me so many times, I'm never sleeping with you again," or maybe even "I love you".

None of that is happening, because I'm once again alone.

This makes me think if it wasn't all just a dream. I cried myself to sleep and then I imagined Draco holding me in his arms, stroking my hair. Yeah, that doesn't really sound like him, does it? I'm so stupid, how could I think it really happened...wait a minute.

I smell him on my pillows. I push my nose into one of them and prove myself right.

He really was there.

When I look in the mirror, I don't recognize myself. My eyes are still red and all cried out, the bags under my eyes are enormously big and swollen and I probably smell like sweat.

After I took a shower and put myself together a bit, I went downstairs to the Great hall to grab a quick breakfast. I don't want to stay long in case someone notices my zombie eyes.

First morning shock is Ginny sitting next to Leon and Theo by a Slytherin table. If it happened weeks ago, I'd smile and gladly join them. Now I feel a mixture of anger and weirdness. How dare she sit next to him, talk to him and touch him?

My fists clench, I want to walk away with a croissant in my hand, but too late, they already noticed me. Ginny raised her hand into the air and waved at me with a smile on her face.

I grunted and sat next to Theo, as far from Ginny as possible. I still don't have a plan what to do.

"What mask are you wearing, Ames?" Asks me Ginny.

Why on earth is she talking about?

"What?"

"To the masked ball...tomorrow,"

Oh, that. The masked ball in the Great hall, how could I forget.

"I have work to do," I say and stuff my mouth with a chocolate croissant.

"Oh, come on. You can do Draco any other time," she giggles.

We all look at her with raised eyebrows. Theo is the first to look away with a scoff, I realized we've never really talked about Draco in front of him. I mean, he sure knows about me and him, but I didn't want to put it in front of his eyes like that. It's awkward.

Leon gives Ginny that kind of look that tells her to shut up.

"I love the masked ball, pretending to be someone..." she mumbles and continues eating.

"You know all about that," I mumbled under my nose a little too loud on purpose.

When they all go to their lessons, I'm sitting here alone until Draco comes. He smiled at me and sits in front of me across the table.

"Morning," I smile.

I'm shocked by what he's wearing. It's a black suit with white shirt, his hair is gelled back and he smells over perfumed.

"Going somewhere?" I ask, still examining his clothes.

He looks at me confused.

"Why? No, I usually wear that,"

He's probably just trying on his suit before the masked ball.

"Look, we need to tell Leon the truth," I say and lean closer to him.

"The truth...?"

"Yeah, you know what I mean,"

"I'm afraid I don't," he sips from a coffee.

"Stop messing with me, Malfoy!"

"Alright, I'll see you later." He says and walks out of the Great hall.