O N E - T W E N T Y F I V E

♡♡♡

September 17th, 2019

Mason grinned as the team walked out onto the pitch to have their game against Valencia, his first Champion's League game sporting his Chelsea shirt. He looked at Lilah for a brief second, the girl donning french plaits and the Captain's armband as she stands beside Kepa, the girl shaking hands with the Valencia team as they walk down the line. 

Once in their fixture, the girl stood in the middle of the pitch on her own before the whistle blows and she takes the ball and boots it straight to her own team. She played the game like she normally would, the girl managing to get it close to the goal but was off by a few inches. 

She watched as Mason sprinted to try and tackle the ball from Coquelin, the girl watching as the Valencia players foot connects with Mason's ankle quite harshly. Mason lies on the pitch in pure pain, the girl racing over and immediately checking if his okay before the Ref could even get there.

"Hey, c'mon, you'll be alright." Lilah says as he sits up. She watches the Ref as he makes the decision to give the Valencia player a yellow card, the girl immediately getting into an argument with him, saying that he's caused more damage than it looks. He eventually gives her a yellow card for arguing with him, the girl scoffing, rolling her eyes and helping Mason back up on his feet so he could finish the match.

"You okay?" Lilah asks as he nods.

She nods at him before he let's go of her, the girl jogging away from him to carry on with the match whilst he ploughed through the pain he was feeling so he didn't disappoint her. It was only 5 minutes later when he bent over looking at the floor, his ankle hurting him too much to carry on with the game.

Lilah walks over to him and bends down beside him, the girl comforting him slightly as he barely stops himself from crying at how disappointed he felt with the turnout. She gave him a smile of reassurance as he's sent off the pitch, the girl patting Coquelin on the back after she apologised to him for arguing his yellow card.

♡♡♡

"Fuck sake." Lilah complains as she gets back to the changing rooms, the full 90-minute game over. The score was 0-1 to Valencia, the girl had been too worried about Mason and his ankle to properly focus on the game and now she was facing the consequence for it. The rest of the team were eerily quiet, all of them noticing how angered she was with the turnout of their first Champion's League Match.

"Finnegan." Lampard calls as she stands up, the entire team watching her as she walks out.

"You're lucky you were even still playing after that." Frank shakes his head at her.

"That should've been a red card and you know it should've." She responds.

"Yes, I know that, but you cannot let your relationship with Mason affect your gameplay. I know you were worried about him, but he's fine, he'll be able to play the next match okay?" Frank informs her, watching the blonde nod in response before they 'bro-hug' and she goes back into the changing rooms.

♡♡♡

Lilah sighs in relief as she walks into the house, the girl throwing her stuff down on the floor and going around the entire house to find Mason sitting on the sofa with his eyes shut and his ankle propped up on the pouffe. She smiles as she leans down towards him, the girl pressing a soft kiss to his lips which causes him to kiss back, proving to her that he was faking being asleep.

"When did you get back?" Mason asks.

"Like 2 seconds ago, how's your ankle?" Lilah asks as she sits down on the pouffe beside his foot.

"Hurts." He pouts.

"I guess you want special treatment hm? Did you eat?" Lilah asks.

"Not yet." Mason grins cheekily.

"Don't think I'm gonna treat you this nicely forever, it's only a minor injury." She squeezes his leg with a small laugh, the girl standing up and walking into the kitchen.

"How was the match?" Mason asks as he stands up, making his way into the kitchen and wrapping his arms around her waist from behind.

"We lost. We had like 3 penalties and we missed them all." Lilah huffs.

"Did Jorginho take any?" Mason questions, watching her shake her head.

"That's why." Mason responds, leaning his head on her shoulder.

"I got into trouble for arguing with the ref by the way, so you're welcome for that, I dedicate my first yellow card of the season to you." Lilah jokes.

"I should've gone off when they told me but I didn't wanna disappoint you so I stayed on." Mason admits quietly, the girl turning around to look at him.

"You never disappoint me, ever, you didn't have to stay on and I told you that. You're an amazing player my love, always have been and always will be." She beams softly. Mason looks at her with a soft smile before he presses his lips to hers passionately, the brunette pulling her to him as close as possible.

♡♡♡