E I G H T E E N

♡♡♡

"Lilah." Aila calls after the girls as she pulls her coat on, the girl moving her hair out of her face as her music plays through her earphones.

"Lilah." Aila taps her shoulder.

"What?" Lilah turns to look at her.

"We're gonna go for celebratory drinks, do you wanna come?" She questions.

"I'm good." Lilah responds. the girl slipping her earphones back in before she leaves the stadium. She makes her way home with her hands stuffed in her pockets, the girl sighing in relief when she gets back to her apartment and it was silent. She kicks her shoes off, puts her phone and earphones down on the kitchen counter and takes her coat off, the girl opening the cupboard to grab a mug.

She stops everything she's doing when she hears a creak on the floor, the girl waiting for a few seconds to see if anymore noise would sound before she shrugs and picks her fox mug up. She turns around and is instantly scared half to death by Mason, the girl dropping the mug on the floor in shock as she looks at her brunette best friend.

"Surprise?" Mason grins.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She questions as she walks over to him, hugging him tightly.

"I can leave if you want me to." Mason jokes.

"Shut up." She laughs as he hugs her back, the two of them staying completely silent for a few minutes. Lilah pulls away when her thoughts move onto him, the girl smiling at him softly before she looks at her mug.

"It's a good job I'm not at Leicester for much longer isn't it?" She questions as she picks up the broken pieces and throws it away.

"Hopefully we'll both be back with the blues by next season." Mason smiles.

"Oh shit, I forgot you're only at Vitesse for a season." She responds.

"How was the match?" He questions.

"3-2 to us." She grins.

"Did you tackle Declan?" He asks, watching her smile proudly.

"Yellow Card but it was worth it." She shrugs, the girl moving to sit on her kitchen countertop whilst they speak.

"I was gonna come to the game but Aila told me I'd distract you." Mason admits, moving his hair out of his face.

"She's not wrong." Lilah laughs softly, the two of them looking at one another softly.

"Is this why you were ignoring my messages yesterday?" Lilah asks.

"Yes it was, I knew if I would've replied I probably would've spoilt the surprise." Mason laughs nervously.

"You're cute." She moves some hair out of her face.

"Uno reverse." Mason smiles proudly.

"Hey, that's my thing." She laughs.

♡♡♡