Chapter Fifteen: The Gunslinger

Start from the beginning

Wait.

You were slowing down.

The engine sputtered, dying down.

Kriff! Not right now, damn it!

You barely had the chance to attempt to bring it back to life when the sniper fired at you from the distance, the force of the explosion causing you to fly back and collapse on your back, breath taken out of your lungs. Briskly, you stand, now vulnerable to any attacks from the quarry. She was at an advantage now, all because of your stupid bike... maybe you should've at least tried to remain awake. No time for regrets now.

A third flash charge emerges into the sky, and you glance back for a split second to find it came from Din, who was hoping to drive her attention away from you. You smiled — that was all you needed. Breaking into a sprint and headed straight towards the mountains, you discreetly climb up the rocky terrain, hoping to sneak up behind the sniper. Unless she had noticed your sudden disappearance once her vision returned to you. 

From afar, you heard the familiar ding of blaster fire hitting beskar. And just as you arrive behind the feminine figure of Fennec Shand as she aimed for another shot at the Mandalorian, you whipped out your blaster and directing it towards her head covered in dark hair. At the sound of clicking its safety off, you observed her shoulders tense while a smirk appears on your lips.

"You put another mark on that shiny beskar and I'll shoot you straight through the head," you threaten, watching as she reluctantly turns to peer over at you from over her shoulder. "I highly suggest you drop the rifle and face me."

With the way her shoulders slumped and she reluctantly turned her body, you both knew she was utterly defeated. "Let me see your hands," you commanded, taking slow, menacing steps towards her.

Before you could react, a sharp object penetrated deep into your shoulder. You hissed as the piercing pain engulfed your entire arm, causing you to drop the blaster in that exact hand. Grunting, you instantly yank the blade out of your skin, watching as the dark, tepid liquid dripped off the serrated edge. A metallic smell overwhelmed your senses, though you refused to dwell too much on it — you needed to focus on the sniper.

She took the chance to charge at you in your split second of vulnerability, and you promptly dodge her attack before landing a blow square in her stomach, a barely audible wince escaping her mouth. Her hands roughly shoved you backwards, sending you back and colliding into the rigid rocks below — if your back ached before, it would surely worsen after this.

Now she pinned you down — and solely because you allowed her to, because with her blade still grasped tightly between your fingers, you had her pinned instead. The bloodied edge scratching against the exposed skin of her throat, she immediately froze in fear of meeting her death right about now. With her hands on your shoulders restraining you down, you attempted to ignore your puncture wound practically screaming at you from the intense pressure.

But then someone grabs her, pulling her back and... kriff, it's Toro. He must've thought she was on the verge of defeating you. No time to even ponder over that anymore. You instantly took action, standing to grab your fallen blaster on the ground besides you.

"Nice distraction."

Upon hearing the distorted voice of Din, you spin around just as you had obtained your blaster again. The glint of the moonlit beskar caught your eye, watching as the Mandalorian aimed the barrel of his weapon directly towards the sniper on the ground — who, surprisingly, had already conquered the younger man, constricting and choking him between her thighs. Fennec, now absolutely outnumbered, begrudgingly loosens her grip on Toro, before he instantly pushes away in fear of the intimidating sniper.