Plans & Disaster

Meanwhile, Ericka was still cutting through her net...

“Finally!” She said joyfully as she got free. “Who's next?”

“If you let me out, I can go see where they took her, and why.” NightWing volunteered. Everyone agreed, so she started to cut through his net.

_________________________________________

“Oh hi!” Beatrix said, as she walked up to another figure.

“Can I help you?” The figure asked.

“Oh yes, you see... I saw you walking away from that hotel. And now... everyone is out to kill you.” She said, whispering in the figure's ear.

“What!?” The figure responded, confused.

“I'd listen to her if I were you.” Roxy warned. The figure had no choice but to follow them...

_________________________________________

Ericka finally freed NightWing.

“You keep freeing the others, I'll be back!” NightWing said before flying off to go find her. Moments passed before he overheard something, so he went to investigate...

“We have her captured already, but the others...they want to kill you, because...she brainwashed them and commanded them to.” Roxy explained.

“No, no it can't be true! It can't...” The figure responded. Troy? NightWing thought to himself, not believing what he was seeing.

“I'm sorry, but, we have a better solution that doesn't require death. If you follow our plans, of course.” Promised Beatrix.

“However! If you even think about betraying us...” Roxy warned, bringing his claws out and slashing a living shrub nearby, killing it almost instantly. “That's what will happen. To you and them, do you understand?”

Troy put his head down in shame, knowing that he had to do what they say to keep them alive. “Yes sir.” He agreed.

I have to go tell the others! NightWing thought as he flew back without being noticed.

“Did you find her?” Drac asked just as Ericka freed him.

“No, but I did see something else... something bad...” NightWing admitted.

“Let me guess. My brother is working for them?” Asked Jasper.

“Yeah, how did you-”

“I can sense a lot of things, and I have a bad feeling that whatever deal they were making with him, isn't going to go according to plan. There's no way out of this, unless... someone gets the other end of those claws.” Explained Jasper. Everyone looked at each other. They knew they needed to get Tyreen back, but how would they also get Troy to realize what they are really up to?

_________________________________________

Tyreen was still struggling on the ground with the rope tied around her. She noticed someone familiar approaching, and it gave her hope.

“Troy! Troy I'm so sorry, I-” She started explaining, but then she got caught off, noticing that Roxy and Trixy were right by him, but he didn't seem fazed.

“Save it okay. I hate to do this, but I have no choice.” He said as Roxy handed him a needle, and he was hesitant to grab it. Tyreen struggled, pleading for him not to. “I really am sorry, but I'm doing this for your own good.” He apologized as he injected it into her arm, a tranquilizer. She quickly passed out, Troy being the last thing she saw...