The Proper Gent

"You have been trained in the ways of gentlemen," I spoke in my fanciest voice.

"Doesn't mean I am one," Taron laughed, as I helped him with his tie.

"That okay?" I folded his collar down and ran my hands down his muscular chest, pretending to straighten out his shirt.

He looked in the mirror and adjusted it to be a little tighter, "Perfect. Thank you."

I grabbed his jacket from his bed, and held it out behind him. Spotting this in the mirror, he put his arms back and into the sleeves.

Once his jacket was on, I stood on my tiptoes and slipped my hands from the lapels down onto his chest, so my arms draped around his shoulders from behind. I looked into the mirror at his reflection and smiled, "You look stunning."

He gently placed his hand over mine, "Thank you."

We stood there for a moment, both looking upon our reflection, and I couldn't help but think how good we were together. Suddenly Taron kissed my hand and spun me around his body, so we were facing each other.

"Can I have this dance, m'lady?"

"Most certainly," our posh accents were back. We swayed slowly, holding each other's gaze. "There's no music," I whispered.

He began to quietly hum a tune I recognised but could not place. We gracefully moved for a little while longer, knowing we had plenty of time before we had to leave.

"Gentlemanly enough for you?" he breathed.

I nodded, placing my head on his chest. I could feel the vibration of his continued humming. His arms slipped tightly around my back, pulling me against his body.

"You know I'm not a proper gent, right?" he laughed suddenly.

I laughed too, "Of course. I've known you long enough."

"Do you mind?"

"That you're a bit rough around the edges? No! In fact, that's what I love about you."

"Really? You seem to like this side of me an awful lot."

I pulled away slightly to look into his eyes, "That's because it's a side of you. I love every side of you."

"So you won't mind if I don't act like a gent for a minute?"

"Just be yourself, Taron."

He took a deep breath and nodded. All of a sudden, I found myself backed up against a wall, a passionate yet caring kiss planted firmly on my lips. My hands found their way into his hair, and I felt him sigh happily as he pushed his body against mine. All too soon, the kiss was over, and he took a step back. His hands left me, and he run one through his hair.

"Sorry."

"What for?" I smirked, letting him know that I was more than happy that he'd done it.

"I had to, just once. Now, if you'll allow me, I'd like to kiss you like the gentleman I've been taught to be."

"So kiss me," I smiled, feeling a gentle hand on my cheek, before his soft, subtle lips on mine, more cautious than before. He was mine now... my proper gent.