Right Hand Man (COTE)(Part 1)

Ayanokoji-dono is a strange man, a person with seemingly no presence yet attracts central figures of all the classes.

Horikita-dono seems to gravitate towards him every time she encounters something a problem that is too hard for her.

This wouldn't normally be suspicious. He was her first friend so it so asking for help from him specifically wouldn't warrant unwanted attention.

The problem was that Horikita-dono was the one asking. Her methods are brutal, a calculating woman with little to no regards to anyone around her at least that's how Ike-dono and former Yamauchi-dono described her.

But this lone wolf seeking advise from something that follows her around? It doesn't makes sense!

Then there's Ichinose-dono, I've seen her occasionally at random. When the rumors of her spread she looked like a husk of her former self. Still cheerful when with her friends her true feelings would surface the moment she was alone.

I came to Keyaki Mall that one afternoon, cursing myself as I haven't brought an umbrella. When I saw her there I knew she had broken, this sight was something I've seen again and again due to it being a clichè but it didn't hurt less.

Actually it hurt more since I knew what happens next should she not get help if the clichès are to be followed of course.

Had this happen a year earlier, I would probably offer her my blazer after bringing her back into the mall, but I'm not that naive anymore.

I was no protagonist of the animes I've watched. I am merely a background character who doesn't even know if the camera is there.

I could do nothing but stare at her with eyes filled with pity hoping that someone would help her.

It was then that Ayanokoji-dono appeared, doing exactly what one would do in a romance anime. My eyes widen in shock and a bit of envy as their silhouettes become smaller into the rain.

There's also the enigma of Class C Shiina Hiyori whom he has taken as a friend and book buddy and the leader of Class A, Sakayanagi Arisu who —in my theory— sent him praise votes to avoid expulsion.

All of this sounds like the ramblings of a jealous teen trying to rationalize a colleague getting more girls than him but this wasn't that. While I would be lying if by saying that I wasn't jealous, that just wouldn't explain the recent interactions of Ryueen-dono and Ayanokoji-dono.

The seemingly love-hate relationship between those two is something that only happens when a protagonist punches an enemy so hard they become friends.

With all of this in mind, I hardened my resolve as I approached our class's enigma.

"Ayanokoji-dono if I may take a moment of your time"

He looked at me with those eyes. Dead eyes that belonged to somebody who has seen too much. It was the same look a devastated soldier would give to someone trying to cheer them up.

However these were scarier, these eyes were empty.

"Oh Sotomura, do you need something?"

Hearing his monotone voice only served to scare me even more, as if it was affirming the look of emptiness of his.

"Sotomura?"

I heard it again, that monotonous voice empty of emotion it scared me even more but it managed to snap me out of my reverie.

"Ah sorry Ayanokoji-dono, something just popped in my mind"

"It's okay Sotomura, now what did you have to tell me?"