Chapter 17: Unraveled

Comenzar desde el principio

"You're The Sliver Shadow?" Noah's voice trembled in disbelief.

"I'll tell you everything in a bit."

"Elijah and Zayn, go find more about The Serpents' recent location." Xalio commanded.

"Sure boss."

"Get some popcorn if you want, it's a long story." I suggested.

"I'm Maya Lion, daughter of Stefan and Ezralia Lion."

"I had everything, money, love, power but all of it came with a price."

"4 years ago, I met my two best friends Raven Scar and Alucard Valentino. I love them more than anything. They were with me always, through everything." I narrated.

"I wasn't always so distant towards people. I was quite the opposite actually. At 16, I started my assassin training and came to be known as The Silver Shadow. I did underground fighting as well and made my place at the top as The Snow Tigress."

"My mother was an assassin herself and my parents were the strongest people I and the whole of New York knew."

"Everything was going great. At 17, I got my first ever boyfriend, Giacomo. He was my first everything...unfortunately."

I sighed before continuing.

"After 9 months, the most tragic thing happened which completely killed my soul. Someone broke into our house at midnight and I was upstairs when I heard gunshots. I came running downstairs."

"That's when I saw it, two guys were lying dead on the ground."

My mom and dad were shot too. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I yelled, "MAMA! PAPA! NO!"

"Listen, Maya, we- we don't have much time. Go to the- the Valentino's, they'll explain everything to you. Do as they say and just know that we love you." Dad groaned.

"We love you and are so proud of you Maya, make your mama and papa proud." Mom breathed heavily. "Now run as fast as you can, they're gonna blow up the house." she added.

"Make u-us proud little-devil and beware o-of th-the Serpents." Dad struggled as he gasped for air.

"We love you niña, you'll always be our little-devil." "Now run." tears rolled down mom's cheeks.

"I love you too mama and papa." "I sobbed, causing both of them to smile one last time as they closed their eyes forever. "

"I kissed my parents' forehead one last time and ran."

"These were our last words to each other. Something inside of me died along with my parents that day." My voice trembled.

"The Valentinos were Alucard and his parents. They took me and Raven in. They told me that The Serpents were planning to ruin us and that they wouldn't stop until they killed me."

"A day later, I went back to my house just to find its remains on the ground. The door was fallen with a note stuck on its inside. The note was from Giacomo. In a summary, he said that he was a Serpent himself and lied to me about everything. He said he had no choice but to kill them and was happy I had left beforehand."

"The man, who I thought loved me, killed my parents. He said he did "admire" me but he had to do it because in Mafia "family comes first" and I agree, it does but what he did was no excuse."

"That's when my heart shattered. I became cold and distant. I became incapable of love."

"For the next few months, we made a plan to kill Giacomo."

"This scar on my nose, which you asked me about a few days back, I got it while fighting with one of his men." I diverted my attention towards Riley. "Everyday this scar reminds me of that horrific day."

"I didn't kill him myself, I had another member of my team do it. I wasn't strong enough to do it myself."

"I saw him die in front of my eyes. Goodbye Maya, he said and shut his eyes."

"We bombed the building, but our only mistake was, not checking if someone else was alive."

"We all thought, the plan was executed perfectly and we went about planning for the destruction of the entire Serpents clan next. But I got some news day before yesterday." I took a deep breath.

"Giacomo Serpent is alive."

"He didn't let us track him down until two days back. He's planning something and we need to stop him before he takes someone else away from me."

"Maya... I had no idea you went through all that." Riley sniffled.

"I'm so sorry Maya but hey, we're all here for you. With you." Karla's face fell, saddened by the story.

Ryder and Noah hugged me. Tears almost filled my eyes. They were doing the exact opposite of what I thought they would.

Xalio didn't say a word, he just stormed off.

"Xalio wait!" I ran after him.

He went on the rooftop and stood by the railing.

Xalio's pov: 

Maya is an assassin? She is Maya Lion? It was all too much for me to take in. Giacomo Serpent hurt my bellissima. He'll pay for this. No one touches what's mine. NO ONE.

She lied to us. All of us. But do I still trust her? Yes. Am I stupid for doing that? probably. Do I care? No.

Maya's pov:

"Xalio, are you okay?" I rubbed his back.

"Am I okay? Of course I'm not okay! He hurt you! He pushed you straight into darkness. No I'm not fucking okay!"

Xalio's breaths were heavy and his eyes were filled with rage.

"Xalio calm down." I grabbed his face and touched my forehead to his. "Will you help me end him?" I looked him in eye and asked.

"Promise me you'll never lie to me again Maya."

"I promise."

"Then let's do this." Xalio replied.

I was about to leave my grip on his face while he pulled me into a kiss. The kiss laid out all his emotions like a buffet. He was angry, upset and relieved and I felt it.

"I wasn't there to protect you then, but I'm here now and I'm not going to let anyone lay a finger on you." He said as he broke the kiss.

My phone rang.

"Oh for God's sake!" Xalio groaned.

I laughed as I picked up the call.

"Rav, what's up?"

"Did you do it?" He asked.

"Yes, I did."

"Did he run away?"

"No, he's right here with me." I smiled at Xalio.

"Good because we're coming there tomorrow." he informed.

"Oh my god yes!" I cheered "I'll tell them."

"I gotta go now though, see you tomorrow, te amo." I hung up.

"What was it about?" He asked.

"The gang's coming tomorrow." I smiled.

"Gracias for being here with me gilipollas." I reached out for his hand.

"Always, bellissima."

To be continued...

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Another chapter without a cliffhanger? Y'all lucky lmao. Maya and Xalio teamed up? Are they going to succeed in killing The Serpents? What do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out ;) ILYSM xx