There was an uneasy silence at Maddy's statement, which made her slightly uncomfortable. I'm right though. Right?

"Right," her father replied quickly, a little too quickly.

How long do you think the war's going to last?

Remus hesitated this time. "I'm not sure, cub."

Harry took off his hat and ruffled his hair, which caused both Sirius and Remus to frown, though Maddy didn't know why. "I'm ready for this war to end now."

Sirius wrapped his arm around Harry, who rested his head on his godfather's shoulder. "I think we all are, Harry. But like I said a few years ago, once this is over, we'll be a proper family. And Remus and Maddy'll come visit every weekend and we'll go on elaborate holidays and eat as much chocolate as we can. How does that sound?"

"That sounds amazing," said Harry.

Where should we go on holiday? Maddy asked.

Despite his unreadable expression, Remus asked, "Where would you like to go?"

Brainstorming holiday ideas made them forget momentarily about the war, forget about the fact Sirius was quarantined at his home, and forget that life was sour. Because for a little while, even if it was only the length of a conversation, the world seemed okay.

■□~□■

After Christmas the rest of the holiday was rather uneventful, nothing out of the ordinary occurring till the day before they were set to return to school. That day started as normal as the rest, but ended with Snape coming to visit (Maddy didn't know the reason, only that it ended with a screaming match between Sirius and Snape) and Mr. Weasley coming home.

The morning they were set to leave, Simon woke up Maddy and Darienne just as the sun began to rise, fully dressed with a mixed expression on his face. Maddy stayed behind while Simon and Darienne went down for breakfast, in order to finish packing her bag which she had procrastinated doing.

She was sorting through her books when she heard a soft knock, "I'm coming in, cub." before the door opened revealing her father.

He saw her half-packed trunk and sighed, "Madeline Hope," he said exasperatedly, "Why aren't you packed yet?"

Maddy gave a guilty smile, before tossing a book in her trunk.

"Here, I'll help you."

Remus went over and knelt beside her trunk. Maddy handed him her stuff, and he neatly stacked inside.

"You know how we're getting to Hogwarts, right?"

Maddy shook her head, her hands too busy folding clothes to have a decent reply.

"We're taking the Knight Bus."

Maddy handed a shirt to Remus. Simon must be thrilled.

"Tonks is bringing some extra bags for him, since we'll be going all the way to Scotland."

Maddy perked up at Tonks's name. Tonks is coming with us?

Remus nodded slowly, "Don't even think about what you're thinking."

I'm not thinking about anything.

"Yes, you are."

Okay, I am. She admitted. I'm just going to put in a good word for you.

"You're making me regret telling you things."

Dad!

Remus chuckled, "Just joking, Maddy. But really, I'd rather nor be embarrassed."