ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 14

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙎𝙪𝙣 shone bright over the horizon, washing everything beneath it with a golden yellow light, giving a mesmerising hue to every life. After all, nature always reminds us that everyone, in every form is gorgeous.

Hogwarts was lit with the general murmur of students, out for lunch. Some were sitting in the great hall, some in the common rooms, and some, near the lake, bathing in the bright sun.

"Ady ! Hush !" Andrew Gray hid his face, trying not to burst out laughing as Adeline Malfoy mimicked her so called fiance.

"I am very pompous and I love myself" she said in a low rumble "you can't love me, I AM PERFECT", she shot fake glares at Elsa and Andrew "puny humans" .

Elsa held her stomach as she bent over, laughing, her bright blonde hair covering her face "Merlins's pants Ady"

The three were sitting under the big tree on the side of the lake, Andrew lying on the ground as Ady and Elsa sat beside him.

"but trust me, you defined him in a sentence" Andrew chuckled, picking up a dry leave to examine.

"You should start a business, 'Adeline Acting Classes', free for people with family issues and fiance issues" Elsa said, perfect humour in her voice.

"whatever" Adeline chuckled, playing with a strand of Elsa's hair "

"but think of it, you can run away, open a shop in New Yolk, and then you will be Adeline the famous" Andrew said in a rather serious voice.

"It's New York, not New Yolk" Adeline laughed "and no, I am not leaving my family"

Her words were followed by Elsa rolling her eyes, after all Adeline's family did, she just couldn't understand why she still hoped to be loved by them.

A sudden yelp from Andrew made both the girls jump, "what happened –"

"Oh God is she coming here !" Andrew whispered shouted, trying to hide behind the much smaller Adeline.

Adeline and Elsa looked up to notice a raven haired walking towards them, her face clearly showing she was furious, very furious.

"ANDREW" she said in a shrill voice, and Adeline noticed that the girl had been crying, "Explain" .

Adeline and Elsa looked uneasily between the two, Andrew looking like he could dig a hole and lie there forever.

" I am sorry Janette" he sighs, running a hand through his hair "I just want time".

Elsa smirked on hearing this, rolling her eyes again. It suddenly got Adeline what was going on, this was Janette Williams, Andrew's girlfriend, wait, ex girlfriend.

Janette threw him a glare, before walking away, clearly crying again.

"Why don't you tell her ?" Adeline sighed "instead of breaking her heart".

"It's not easy Ady, I am trying" Andrew said, looking down. He knew he didn't like girls, but he was still afraid to accept it in front of others, afraid of being judged.

"Let's go, Classes are starting" Elsa said quickly, getting up "c'mon" .

Andrew nodded, getting up and walking off, clearly tensed. Elsa shot a smile at Adeline before rushing after him.

Adeline got up too, cursing herself for bringing that topic up, before of course, the clumsiness decided to make an appearance, and Adeline slipped, and before she fell right in the lake, a hand held her hand and pulled her back, and when Adeline opened her eyes, still shocked, the first thing she saw were sparkling green eyes, in a pale face.

" I –" the red head cut off Ady mid sentence "Are you okay ?"

"Yeah, I, I am good, thanks" Adeline smiled gratefully, "I am Adeline".

"Lily" she said in a bright voice, "Lily Evans".

Adeline nodded, clearly stunned by the girl's godly looks, waist length red hair, bright green eyes, she was nothing less than an angel. A prefect badge was pinned to her griffindor robes, showing off her authority.

"Well, thanks again for saving me Lily" Adeline grinned cheekily "or I would be wallowing with the giant squid right now".

Lily laughed, shaking her head "not a big deal".

Something hit Adeline's mind like a thunderbolt, this was Evans, Evans, the one Muggleborn everyone in her house despised.

Her smile dropped as she bit her lip nervously, looking around to assure no one saw her with a Muggleborn.

Lily was used to this, she mentally sighed, does blood really define you ?

"I understand" she said in a small voice, walking off.

Adeline sighed audibly, wasn't this what she wanted, why is she feeling bad then, her parents would be proud of her, they taught her –

"Wait !"

Lily Evans turned around, looking at the brunette, with utter confusion.

"I don't think blood defines you, thanks for helping me".

Lily was shocked, completely shocked. She looked surprised at her, before nodding quickly, the most genuine smile crossing her face.

"Just don't –"

" I won't tell anyone, trust me" she said a chirpy voice, shooting Adeline a wink before walking off.

Adeline smiled, it felt like a load had lifted from her heart, and followed the red head, walking to the charms lesson.

A little distance away, a boy sighed after witnessing the scene, running a hand through his sleek black hair, this girl confused him.

𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 !! 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬. 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐲, 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜, 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲. 𝐒𝐨 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞, 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 !!!!