The Meeting

-Timeskip (a week later)-
I woke up in a cold sweat from a nightmare I had about Rengoku. His death had still been haunting me. I knew that I was too weak. I looked out the window and saw that the sun was just starting to rise. It was beautiful as it rose of the forest. The birds chirped and a peacefully sleeping Shinobu lay in my arms. I liked this when it was just the two of us, it made me happy. I closed my eyes and tried to fall back asleep. It was useless I couldn't sleep. Each time I closed my eyes I had a vivid picture of my family or Rengoku's death. A tear streamed down my face, I found out that Rengoku had a younger brother and I couldn't face him. The guilt I felt overwhelmed me at times and I had thoughts of whether it would be better if Rengoku was here not me. I lay there thinking about what I could have done better. I slid out of bed and got dressed, I placed my mask on and headed towards the roof so I could think about what had happened without disturbing anyone. I walked down the hallway and headed towards the garden.

Once I reached the garden I took a deeper breath and took in my surroundings. The pond rippled and reflected the sun and the wisteria that surrounds the estate glimmers in sunlight. I leapt up to the roof and looked over the garden. My recovery has been going well but I'm still struggling with properly working out. I've been joining Tanjiro and the others so I can regain my stamina. I've still got a long road ahead until I can continue with missions. I feel weak and powerless, even though I took down upper moon 3 it cost Rengoku's life and almost mine. I was still nowhere near where I need to be. I don't want to rely on my ninth form. I have to become better.

"TANJIRO FIGHT ME!!" My train of thought was broken by Inosuke screaming at the top of his lungs like every morning. I sighed but I jumped off of the roof and walked back into the estate. Along the hallway the sun seeped in and a light breeze brushed past. I made my way over to the kitchen and began to drool at the thought of meat. I went around the corner and bumped into Aoi.
"Sorry Aoi-chan. Let me help you." I picked her up and the small box she was carrying.
"Seems heavy want me to carry it?"
"That would be a huge help!" I smiled as we walked down the hall.
"Where were you heading?"
"To Shinobu's lab." I turned my head to her.
"What's in the box then?"
"Some new poisons that Shinobu requested." I turned my head and began to smile more knowing that she's working hard. As we closed in on the lab I heard two voices.
"Who's that?"
"I think it's a helper for Shinobu's research."
"She must be working on new poisons then. What's their name?"
"I think their name is Eichi." We got to the lab door and Aoi slid it open.
"Shinobu good morning." I grinned before walking over.
"Good morning Y/N."
"I bumped into Aoi-chan whilst she was bringing this, sooo I tagged along." I placed the box on her desk and looked over and saw a young man, he was dressed in a demon slayer uniform and a green haori that faded into a light blue.
"Hey, errmmm-" "Eichi."
"Hey Eichi good morning." I walked over to him and shook his hand.
"It's good to meet you." I looked at his face and saw he had blue eyes and his hair was black at the centre and faded to green at the ends.
"Shinobu-sama we really need to continue research and preferably with no 'distractions'." I began to walk away but not before glancing back.
"You know Eichi-san, you really know how to bring down a morning. Also Shinobu am I fine to do training on my own?"
"Don't talk to Shinobu-sama so casually, she's a pillar."
"That's enough Eichi-san. Also yes Y/N you should be able to do training by yourself but make it light. Nothing extreme."
"Alright Shinobu. Also I was requested to go to the Hashira meeting later do you have any ideas on why I was asked to tag along?"
"No I have no clue but make sure you arrive on time." I waved as I closed the door.
"Good luck with your research." I closed the door and internally began to scream.
'That asshole!'
I walked away from the lab but before I turned the corner Eichi began to talk.
"He's probably lying when he said he was asked to be at the Hashira meeting to try and impress you."
'This motherfucker I'm gonna break him in two.' I turned the corner and left because I knew if I started a fight with Eichi, Shinobu will get mad and I'll distract her from her work. I headed towards the garden to do a light work out. As I reached for the door I heard Inosuke screaming.
"OI, DUMB BOAR SHUT IT!" I walked over to where I'd begin to workout and I took my sword off and placed it next to me.
'100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups and two laps around the state shouldn't be too bad.' I began to do the push-ups and my arms hurt more than usual.
'Must be my body not being used to this training after a while.' I continued the push-ups and moved onto the sit-ups and I felt good after. I took off in a clockwise direction and it felt nice being able to go on runs again. After the first lap my legs were sore but nothing I couldn't handle but after I finished my legs aches and my bones made weird creaking noises. I bent my knees and they made a satisfying crack. I picked up my sword and headed back into the estate. I headed towards Shinobu's lab to check on her. The breeze that was there before left and the hallway began to feel hot. As I turned the corner to Shinobu's lab I heard Eichi.
"Shinobu-sama I don't know why you're so relaxed around him."
'I'm going to kill this man.' I slid the door to see a less than pleased Eichi and a pissed off Shinobu.
"Yo Shinobu I finished training. How's your research been going?"
"It's been going well Y/N. Are you ready for the meeting?"
"Yeah I came here to see when we were leaving." I walked over to her as Eichi gave me a death glare.
"When are we leaving?"
"We need to set off now if we want to arrive in time."
"Ok, then let's go." I pulled Shinobu out of her chair and placed her on my back. I ran out the door.
"See you later Eichi!" I laughed as I jumped out the main door while Shinobu shrieked.
"So how was Eichi?"
"Annoying he kept trying to insult you and say that he was a much better person than you." A tick mark grew on my forehead and my teeth gritted.
"Man he's a pain. Also do you want to go to the village after the meeting, just me and you?"
"Let's do it. Is 5pm ok?"
"Sounds good."