Final Selection

After travelling for a day I reached Fujikasane Mountain. There were around 30 other people there who all seemed confident. They all turned and sent frightening looks at me. I brushed it off as them trying to weed out the weak.

A few minutes later two small girls walked forward. One had white hair and the other had black. They told us how the mountain was a prison for demons that had been caught by other demon slayers and that wisteria was like poison to demons. They said that we will have to survive seven days.

Some people started moving while others waited. I walked past the wisteria and jumped into the trees. I moved towards the west and soon found a demon.

'Shadow style first form: shadow strike.'

The demons head came clean off as I touched the ground. I sheathed my sword and carried on moving. I saw two demons and a young boy being driven to a corner. I jumped to a tree a few feet behind the demons and leaped forward.

'Shadow style eighth form: silent strike.'

The two demons heads hit the ground and I jumped away leaving the boy to get back on his feet. I didn't want him thinking he owed me. This is just getting me closer to my goal. After all the more demons killed the better.

After 10 minutes I landed on a tree and began to look for food. I know that I'll be looking for a while as the demons would have scared off any rabbits. The moon was at its peak and I was at a river when I saw a rabbit I slowly moved closer and pulled out my blade I moved towards the rabbit and jumped towards it and caught I then killed it and looked for wood to make a fire.

Another 10 minutes went by and after I had eaten a demon started to run in my direction. I grabbed my sword and pointed forward.
'Shadow style second form: black hornet'
The demon dropped to the ground and began to scream in pain. I walked over and cut it's head off. I had to move other wise more demons would come to me.

I moved through trees and found a demon it had arms growing out of its side and looked like a sumo wrestler. It had extra legs and one of its arms were holding the body of a young boy. It was fighting another person. I ran towards the demon and drew my sword. I leapt into the air and the demon didn't notice until it was too late.

'Shadow style fifth form: shadow assassination.'

The demons head hit the ground and the boy that had been fighting began to cry. He had lost someone close to him. I left without the boy noticing I didn't want to get involved with the boy as I knew I wouldn't be able to help.

————————————————————
Timeskip (6 days)
————————————————————
Nothing much has been happening over the last 6 days. Today's the last day and I've currently killed around 25 demons. I decided that I'll get closer to the exit so I can finish first and maybe rest for a while.

I move east as I haven't changed direction since the first day. On the way I found a rabbit which I decided to stop and cook since I'll be travelling for a while. After I finish I walk through the grass the sun was going down and the wind was howling. I jumped into the trees and looked around, I saw another person eating with a few others. I decided to ignore them and headed towards the wisteria.

Along the way I found a demon. I pulled my sword out and leaped towards it.
'Shadow style eighth form: silent strike.'

The demons head cam clean off and I continued my journey. After an hour of travelling I came across a group of demons.

I dropped in front of them and grabbed the handle. The three turned to me and began to laugh.
"This human thinks he can kill us"
Their voices full of killing intent. It made me smirk, they were so confident about eating me they all rushed towards me.
'Shadow style third form: silent unsheathing.'

Two of the demons heads fell to the ground and the third was injured.
'Shadow style first form: shadow strike.'

The demons head fell off.
"That's for being cocky." I muttered
That's my 29 demon. Moving further east the sun started to rise and the wisteria was in sight. That's when I heard a crunch a demon was following me and getting close too. I turned around and dropped to the ground.
"So your not a coward after all, I thought you would just keep running." the demon spoke an air of arrogance in his voice.
"I thought you would attack me like a man not follow me from behind." I retaliated.
The demon obviously didn't like that and rushed forward.
'Shadow style fourth form: shadow impact.'

The demon had his arms and legs cut off and he could regenerate better than the others but it was still too slow. His head came off his body as I began to head towards the wisteria again. By the time I got there the two girls were waiting. I stepped out from the wisteria and leaned against a tree.

'30 demons, I'll be a Hashira at this rate but I want to fight a strong demon, one that can take more than three attacks.' I thought to myself. I slowly began to fall asleep. I had a nightmare one of my family being killed again.

I woke up sweating a cold chill went down my spine. I looked around and saw no-one else there. I got to my feet and walked over to the two girls.
"What happens now?"
"Wait 10 minutes and we will explain."

I walked back over to the tree and leaned against it. I wondered if anyone else made it out.

After 10 minutes no-one else came out. I walked over to the girls and they began to explain what happens now.

"In the demon slayer corps the are ranks that go from Mizunoto to Kinoe. You will be given your rank once we take you for your uniform measurements. You will given a Kasugai crow and you will pick the ore for your own Nichrin sword which will be delivered in 10-15 days."

"Ok so how do I know what rank I am? And does the amount of demons I kill affect my rank?"
I asked the girls wondering if I can start at a higher rank than Mizunoto.

"How many demon have you killed."

"30." I answered with a prideful tone.

The two girls seemed a bit shocked that a new member killed that many in a week.
"Well since you killed that many we will put you at Tschinoe."

They then brought out a box of ores, there were a wait variety each having a different colour but I picked the one with a greyish colour. Once that was done I was measured and asked if my uniform could look like this. They said that it will have to have the basic demon slayer uniform underneath but they will try to make it as close to what I'm wearing now.

I said goodbye to the two girls and began to head back to Yoru-san. I traveled through the night and most of the day until I arrived back at the small house I spent four years in. I knocked on the door and Yoru-san opened it.

"I did it Yoru-san."
"You did good kid, go and get some rest and you can tell me all about it tomorrow."

I walked to my room and undressed, I lay down and fell asleep dreaming of my family.