Peacful times

-Timeskip (A week later)-

Training has been paying off, my body's gotten stronger and my stamina has improved. My swordsmanship has gotten better as well. I've started to increase the amount of training I'm doing to 500 push-ups, 500 sit-ups, 2500 sword swings and a 20 km run. This is my first day doing this routine and I'm excited I see what level I'll be at once I go on another mission.

"I'm leaving and Inosuke I'll still wipe the floor with you." I laughed as I stepped out the door. This past week Inosuke has been challenging me to a fight every time I come back from training.
"Damn you Y/N, I swear I'll beat you just you wait." I heard Inosuke yell whilst running around the estate. Shinobu's been busy with work so I haven't seen her much but when I do I always tease her. Although that doesn't go as planned and I end up with needles in my arm but I get a laugh out of her reaction.

I left the estate and headed towards the forest that I usually train in. The breeze was nice and the sun was rising above the trees it was beautiful.

-5 hours later-
I had finished my training, I was sat against a tree. The picked up about halfway through my run so I felt better than I though i would. I dragged myself to my feet and walked towards the river to get a drink. Over the week I began to learn where everything I needed was in the forest. As I heard the river I spotted another rabbit. I drew my sword and leapt at it, I cut it in half and began to move towards the river collecting wood for a small fire. I set the wood and rabbit down and knelt on the river bank. I cupped my hand and splashed some water on my face. I submerged my hands and when I pulled them out I drank the water in it. I took of my clothes to reveal the top part of my body and began to wash my chest with the water. I looked down into the water and saw a small figure in the trees trying to hide themselves.
"You can come out now." I yelled making sure whoever it was heard me. The figure stepped out to reveal that it was Shinobu.
"Why are you here?" I asked slightly annoyed by her spying. As I turned to face Shinobu she turned a bright red. "You ok? You're bright red." I asked a hint of concern in my voice.
"Yes I'm fine. I brought you some water and food but it seems like your fine." She began to walk off before I jumped out the water and grabbed her hand.
"You know I like food you can't take it away." I walked over to where my wood and rabbits were.
"What did you bring?"
"Onigiri." She smiled whilst bringing out a small box.
"We can have them with the rabbit." I said whilst I put the wood together a d started to light it.
"Im fine with just Onigiri, also put a shirt on." I laughed as I put the top part of my uniform on and put the rest of my clothes on.

A short while later the rabbits were ready and we started eating. I took my mask off and grabbed some rabbit. Whilst I was eating I noticed Shinobu staring at my face.
"Like what you see?" I teased trying to get a reaction. She started blushing madly and turned away.
"B-Baka." I turned to look at her and chuckled at her reaction. Although I was teasing her it was nice to have her company.

Soon I heard light snoring, I looked over to see Shinobu sleeping peacefully. She looked cute. I shuffled over and placed my haori over her and laid her head on my lap as I rested against a tree. There was no breeze and sun broke through the leaves in spots soon I drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up the sun was setting and Shinobu was still peacefully asleep.
'I wonder what she's dreaming about.'
I looked back down to see Shinobu waking up.
"How long was I asleep?"
"A while, I didn't want to wake you." I smiled.
"I have to get back to the estate." She panicked and tried to get up.
"No you don't." I pulled her head back into my lap.
"I sent my crow saying that you were going to be out for the day and won't be back till tomorrow so for now get some rest and you can head back in the morning." I started to run my fingers through her hair and laid my haori back over her.
"What if demons come and attack us."
"Well I'm here so don't worry. You just rest you seem tired. Remember you can talk to me." I looked down at her, her hair was soft it felt nice.
"I'm tired from working so much. I've got so much to do." She yawned.
"Well you need your rest and everyone knows how hard you work so taking a day to rest isn't bad, in fact I think everyone wants you to have a day off." I stroked her hair as she drifted off to sleep.
"Goodnight." I whispered and I pulled my sword close to me and put my mask over my face and watched over Shinobu for the rest of the night.