Chapter 2

Chapter 2

~ Rico's Point of View~

As they were saying their goodbyes Rico hesitated to leave. "You know you can stay and get to know your mate better." Rayn told him. "I know Rayn, but this is so strange. Ya know?" Rayn looked at him confused. "What do you mean?" "I was so sure after all the bad stuff that I had done with Paul that the Goddess would never give me a mate. However not only did she give me one, but he's the freaking Prince of a Pride." "Oh. I see. Rico you are a great person, as is Alec. If your worried just talk to him. Okay?" Rayn said to reassure him. He was unsure of his word so he just nodded. Rico decided that he would go home with them tonight and come back to see Alec later this week when he had more time. "Sorry I am not staying longer, I have stuff to do with the pack in the morning." He told Alec nervously. "I am not happy you are leaving, but I do understand. I can't wait to see you again. Call me okay?" Alec told him. It was clear Alec was unhappy about him leaving, but he was very understanding as well. By the Goddess what was she thinking when she gave him, of all people, such a wonderful mate. He did not deserve a mate, not after the things he has done.

The week seemed to go faster then he wanted. It was already Friday afternoon, and he was supposed to meet up with Alec to spend the weekend together. However as the hours ticked by he began to feel uneasiness creeping in. A large part of him wanted nothing more then to cuddle up to Alec, but the other part of him was scared that he was going to be rejected once he found out about his past. That part of him was winning out. Marco, his wolf, was growling and whining. Go to Mate, Mate wants us. Go to Mate! Over and over again. Stop it Marco. How can you be sure he will want us after everything we have done? He snapped. Mate is good. Mate is understanding. Mate wants us. Go to Mate. Marco once again whined, Marco seriously only had a one track mind. By the Goddess how he wanted it to be true. How he wanted to believe Alec would accept him, but could he? Could he see past the things he did?

Rico continued to doubt and question himself. He had just gotten out of the shower when his phone chimed. It was Alec letting him know he was just arriving at The Whiskey Bowl. He stood there in his towel debating on whether he should find a way out of going or just go. As if a sign for the Goddess was sent, he got a text from Rayn cheering him on and wishing him a great time with Alec. Rayn also wanted details on the date. He sighed and walked to the closet to get dressed. After debating for a few minutes he finally decided on jeans and a shirt that helped define his abs. He wasn't conceded like most people, but he liked to wear cloths that showed off his muscles. Looks good, mate will like. Marco yipped happily. Can you think about anything other then Alec?  Rico asked sarcastically, to which Marco made a sound that was suspiciously like laughing. He rolled his eyes and finished dressing before heading out of the room. He did one last check of his hair and outfit before he grabbed his keys, wallet and bag holding his cloths for the weekend. "Taking your bike tonight?" One of his neighbors called as he exited his house. "You know it amigo." He replied smoothly. He loved his bike, riding it was the closest to running in his wolf form.

A short ride later and he pulled into The Whiskey Bowl's parking lot and parked his bike. He sat on his bike for a few minutes as he gathered his thoughts. This weekend he planned to get to know Alec and to tell him some of the worse things that he had to do when he was part of Paul's wanna be pack. If Alec could accept him after that then, maybe just maybe he had a shot of happiness after all. However what if he couldn't? What then? Rico tried to shake off the dread he was feeling as he climbed off his bike and headed into the bar. No sooner did he enter the bar was he pulled into a booth and fiercely kissed. "I missed you." Alec purred into his ear after their kiss ended. Rico blushed as he tried to get off Alec's lap. "I missed you too." He told him still trying to get up, but Alec was not having it so he quit trying. "This is rather embarrassing." He told Alec who was nuzzling his neck. "Relax Rico. The Pride is practically purring in happiness over the fact that I found you, my mate. Besides I want to hold you longer." Alec told him as he continued to nuzzle against him. He had to admit that being in Alec's lap felt good, it felt right. Rico knew from a young age that he was gay, and a bottom with a submissive streak to boot. However with his football player build he struggled to find partners. So often he was turned down because he wasn't a cute petite bottom that most top's looked for. Alec was the complete opposite with his tall athletic runner build, but where Rico was submissive Alec just oozed dominance.

They stayed like that for a while before Alec finally let him off his lap. Marco whine in his head at the loss of contact between them. "So how was your week?" Rico asked as he took a drink for his third beer of the night. "It was long and boring. Being the prince of the pride can be a pain in the ass to be honest." Alec said as he downed the last of his whiskey. "I can't imagine what that is like." He told him honestly. Rico was the warrior type, where as Alec needed diplomacy and knowledge, he needed strength, agility and combat training. "To be honest there are days I would rather be a warrior then a prince. Less hassle, but over all I enjoy being the prince and soon I will be King. With you by myself of course." Alec said with a cocky grin. "That last bit was so cheesy. However I can see you making a great King." He told Alec with the same cocky grin. "Now who's being cheesy." They both laughed. He watched Alec as he laughed.

Could this man be any sexier? Just the thought of submitting to this man had him fighting hard not to get aroused. That would be the last thing he needed in a bar full of shifters. They continued to talk about how their weeks went. Alec was surprised to hear about the sparing match he and Goddric had. "I am assuming he kicked your ass?" Alec teased him. "Yes, but I gave him a hell of a fight. Apparently I lasted longer then they expected. However you do not want to piss him or Asami off. They are down right scary." Rico told him, remembering how they had been when they rescued Rayn. "I have heard. The Pride as a whole are very aware of them and their abilities. We hope for an alliance with them, especially now that I have you." Alec said again with that sexy grin that made him hot and bothered. Damn what are we, a fucking female? He thought as Macro practically rolled over in a show of complete submission. You love it. Marco replied back. Fucking horny mutt. Rico said while doing a mental eye roll.

~Alec's Point of View ~

He watched as Rico finished off his third beer. By the Goddess he could look at this man forever. Rico was his mate, his, and it was making Yuki purr with pride and excitement. From head to toe Rico was a sexy man, but something in his eyes was haunting, scared and lonely. Rico also screamed strong and powerful, a real warrior, but submissive only behind closed doors. A submissive that he planned to fully enjoy. Yuki chuffed in agreement. Claim Mate. Claim him now! Mate is ours. Yuki purred in his head. "Shall we head back to my place now?" He asked, more then ready to have Rico to himself. His mate hesitated before agreeing. The hesitance of Rico was a bit hurtful, but based on what Rico told him the last time they were together made him completely understand the reason behind it. His only hope was that Rico would open up to him this weekend, so that he could understand why he felt he didn't deserve having a mate. They exited the bar and headed for their respective vehicles, much to his surprise Rico was also on a bike. "Nice bike. I knew you had good tastes." He smirked as the climbed on to their bikes. As their bikes roared to life a feeling of excitement washed over him. He couldn't wait to get Rico home, preferably on his knees before him.