“Stay away!” I yell when he kept on advancing towards me.

My fear skyrocketed when my back touched the wall. I’m trapped.

“Tsk. Tsk. Tsk,” He shook his head while patting the gun on his temple. I silently wished that it would go off and blast his brains. “This was fun until you have to run away. Do you know how embarrassing it was to the guest when you ran away from me? I have to fucking deal with them, while you skimpy your way here. I was thinking of sparing your beloved Timothy’s life but you have to pull that fucking stunt!”

No. Not him. I’m doing this to protect him. I tried to think of a way out of here. I have to at least try and warn Timothy. I may have broken up with him but I love him and I’ll do anything to keep him safe.

“So, now, little Olly, what’s it’s going to be?” He sneer when he saw that I was trapped. “You’ll come with me back to the chapel and continue our wedding or the head of your boyfriend in a silver platter? So, what’s it going to be? Think, little Olly.”

I decided to be dumb and act on instinct. “None,” I said before slapping the umbrella at him with all my might, giving me a few seconds of head start. I quickly dash for the back door, taking my chance.

“YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID, OLIVIA CHASE!”

I heard him bellow out behind me but I ignore him. I thank all the holy that the back door wasn’t locked and no one was standing behind it. I screamed when I heard a gunshot. I ignored it and dash towards the forest hoping to lose him.

“YOU FUCKING, INGRATES! SEARCH FOR HER OR I’LL KILL YOU ONE BY ONE!” I heard him yell from afar.

I push myself to run away. My legs are burning with every step I take but I force myself to move. I can’t afford to stop when they are right behind me.
I saw a big tree, three times the size of an ordinary human. I quickly hide behind it. I felt my leg shake from running but I need to rest before I keep on running again. I peek out a little bit and saw three silhouettes. I cover my mouth to silence the gasp that came out.

I slowly move away from the tree, keeping an eye on the silhouettes but I accidently step on a branch and it snapped under my weight. I gasp when I saw them turn towards my direction.

“There she is! Get her!” One of them yelled.

I saw them rush to where I am, despite my sore muscles I force myself to run. I need to run away.

“Don’t kill her! The boss needs her alive!”

Ivan. It was Ivan who ordered them to run after me to kill me. I push my legs to run faster. I need to be away from them. I can’t go back there. I can’t.
I felt tears run down my face but I ignore them and keep on running. With the tears blurring my eyesight, I wasn’t able to notice a tree root that was elevated from the ground. I fell face first. I smell blood. I look at the ground and saw blood dripping. I felt a throbbing on my nose and realized that I broke it.

Seeing the blood made me nauseous. All I wanted to do is curl and cry. I want to wake up from this nightmare.
I heard them closing in. I push myself up and kept on running hoping to lengthen the distance between us. I can’t afford to stop and pity myself.
I don’t know how long I have been running but they are still on my tracks. I can feel them coming closer and closer and I’m too tired to move. My lower extremities are screaming at me to stop running, that they are pushed passed their limit already and another kilometer can kill me.

With how weak my legs are and I didn’t notice a slope right in front of me, I slipped and tumbled down. I bump against something hard, it could be a tree root or rock, and whatever it is that slammed on my side, making me gasp for breath when I reached the bottom of the slope.