23

Timothy took a deep breath before starting the story. “I first saw you during a match in college. It was…” He pause and gulp like the next words that will leave his mouth weight a ton. “It was my brother’s final match before he leave the university. You were there to support Adrian. Theodore—Teddy, my brother was Adrian’s best friend.”

“Was?” I asked.

“He died two years ago. Car accident,” He said and frown at me. “I’ll get to that part later.”

I tilt my head as a memory suddenly flashed into my mind. “It wasn’t an accident.”

“What?”

“Theodore’s death. It was staged.”

Timothy let go of my hand like it burned him. I frown. Where did that memory come from? It happened so fast like a déjà vu. “What are you talking about?” He asked slowly like the information that I said to him was new to him.

I look at him. Certain emotions flashed in his face. Disbelief and exasperation. I sigh. “I…there was suddenly a flash of memory. I’m not sure how it happened but I got the feeling that it involved your brother’s death.”

“Can you…can you recall what it was?”

“I was sitting with in a car with someone. I was sitting beside the person driving the car and we were heading towards somewhere,” I frown and held my head when I felt a headache starting to form in between my eyebrows. “I can’t remember anything after that.”

He knelt in front of me and place his palms on my knees. “What else do you remember? There must be something? Olivia, what happened next?”

I wanted to answer him but the headache started to spread out. It hurts to even think. My mouth taste metallic and I feel like throwing up. I gasp and held my head when my ears starts to buzz. My vision starts to blur and stars are starting to form.
I grab Timothy’s hands that are on my knees to at least anchor me before the pain consumes me.

-

I was back in my Mom’s hidden cabin again but this time Ivan was with me and pointing a gun at me.

“Ivan, please,” I pleaded. I don’t know why were in this predicament in the first place. I don’t know why he’s here. Nobody knew about this place but Addy. No, don’t think like that, Olivia. Your brother won’t chew you out like that.

“I like it when you beg,” he said.
I felt like throwing up when I remember that night, but I force myself to focus on the situation at hand. “How did you know I was here?”

He laugh. A fake one. His laugh sounded like someone who has smoked a pack of cigarette. Hoarse and shallow. “You really think you can hide from me, little Olly?”

I felt the vile on my throat forcing its way up. “Don’t call me that.”

“Why?” He took a step towards me and I move backwards away from him, maintaining the distance between us but with him in the room made the cabin smaller than it should. I can’t escape. He was blocking the door and he probably has someone guard the back door. “Is he the only one allowed to call you Olly or do you need a reminder of that night, sweet little Olly?”

I back away and I sweep my hands for anything that could defend me from him but I was only able to grab an umbrella. I would have been thankful if it was the cane-type umbrella but it was the pocket-sized one. Despite it, I pull the handle and point it at him.

And with all the coldness that I can muster, I said. “Stay away from me.”
He glance at my choice of weapon before laughing. “Like that would help you in this situation.”